Warriors - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, February 14, 2013, 12:05:15 PM

AndyR

This is one of the things I was fiddling with when I sang Me and Bobby McGee as a distraction last week.

I'm working on finding out how to get acoustic stuff down consistently and effectively within the confines of what I've got here - I wasn't too satisified with the results on some of my recent ones, I'm kinda looking for something else. This still isn't quite it, but I'm getting there.

Anyway, I cracked open the "old shoe-box of songs" and had a good old rummage a few weeks ago. I've got a shortlist of twenty-odd(!) songs, mostly from the early-mid 90s, but they won't all get done.

This one was written 29th November 1993, apparently. It seems that I'm personally more fond of the words than the song itself. But, out of several goes at it, this performance seemed to sum it up quite nicely (I think it was the one immediately after Bobby McGee).

There are others on the way - some more upbeat than this - but this one got finished first.

Warriors
Words & Music AndyR
Recorded on a BR1600
--------------------------------

Warriors - A A J Russe

Did I dream upon the past
Pictures bright still glowing
A missing page
The golden age
A hard won then forgotten wage
Is it worth the showing

Battles fought and no result
Hunting out of season
Where was the game
For which I came
The quarry we were told was tame
The journey's only reason

Precious words spent foolishly
And mighty blows dealt wide
All speak of days
Long, cherished days
Each full with self-inflicted praise
And fat with wounded pride

And now to follow in our steps
Come warriors tall and proud
The sons of men
Of we poor men
We who dreamed of better men
But dare not dream aloud

Copyright (C) 1993 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

Oh my, you've just ruined my day. Here I was, just about to sit down and try to write some new stuff ... and stupid stupid me just HAD to listen to this one first. Well thank you very much !!! How can I even think about writing anything after this ? ! ?! ?!?!? ?!??! ??!

Well it is fanbloodytastic! And I just can't fathom why the hell you're not making millions with you music !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

Did I say I love it ? Not ? Well I do !!!! :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jarle

This is what music is about. A beautiful melody delivered by a beautiful voice, with lots of passion. As you might have guessed: I love it.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

you are spoiling us now andy, fabulous.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

When I saw the song title and read the lyrics I was kind of expecting a "heavy" tune, so this one came a real surprise to me...in a very good way.

Sounded instantly familiar to me after a minute or so, and love the gentle rise and fall of your vocal throughout, its gives a real nice dynamic to the song and combines perfectly that beautiful picked guitar melody.

Five listens and counting already...this is Ace!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SwanSong

Wow wonderful song Andy very vivid lyrics. and  ur vox. is awesome
very touching feel and very melodius. great job wish u the best NEIL.!

Rata-tat-tat

Man Andy... this is a beauty. I only wish I could set down and play a guitar and sing in one take. You are truly a great talent. Think I'll sit behind my computer and dream of all the things I can't do now... Thanks a lot!!! Just kidding... I'll finish listening!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Redler

Just fantastic songwriting here...beautiful melody with great lyrics! And performing...that's brilliant!! Loved the interpretation; peaceful vs. powerful singing!! Nice finger picking, as well!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Wow! An excellent song performed beautifully. Really well-recorded too.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website