Try as You Might - DeificDave & Oldrottenhead - original song

Started by DeificDave, February 12, 2013, 11:34:13 AM

DeificDave

try as you might
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all

Here is the second collaboration I have done with oldrottenhead, this time it is an original song. 
The song started off with me trying out my new Line 6 keyboard for the iPad, as I was creating the song, I kept imagining Jim's voice singing on this tack. Jim was good enough to add a VOX and a superb lyric.

Thanks Jim for the excellent vocal and a killer lyric as well.     8)

"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Jarle

Great collab guys. I really like the lead guitar at the end.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

flyon90

You made good use of your new keyboard, very impressive lyrics and vocals.

Redler

Congrats for the new gear...it sounds great! Loved the sounds cape on this! Fine job on percussion, too.
As always, nice job by James!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chuckizzet

excellent lyrics and vocal there...I like the fact the singing is in a natural accent which projects the meaning in the lyrics perfectly. The music sounds very sinister which I like being a big horror fan well done Dave  8)

DeificDave

Thanks to all for their comments and thanks Jarle, I tried to do something a bit different with the lead guitar, I was quite pleased with the outcome, I'm glad you liked it too.

I've been listening to this track a lot and I just love oldrottenheads vocal and lyric  8)
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Ted

There's a bit of a Pink Floyd feel to this – although it doesn't sound like Pink Floyd at all. But the mood it creates is very much that same brooding sense of futility.

If this were in a film, this would be immediately after the main character experiences a soul-crushing downturn, and wallows in defeatism. As he walks down a gritty street, sidestepping garbage and homeless people, he thinks of the people he knows who face the world unquestioningly, uncritically, and just fit in. And they are seemingly happy and well-adjusted. He feels a moment of envy for their soulless "don't make waves" outlook. And that flash of envy is followed by deep bitterness.

The simplicity of the music is admirable. You laid this down and decided that this could turn into something – and that was absolutely the right decision. I have dozens – hundreds – of ideas that are in the limbo of my sketches collection, because I wrongly imagine they need so much more work.

Blackout Bump - week of 9 February, 2013
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Really awesome spooky track....that's a great Ted-esque bump for all the right reasons.....it's the ultimate in Ted-esqueness..  if you ask me...super cool stuff

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand