Tiffany's Estate - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, February 03, 2013, 11:29:26 AM

Geir

You're not just a great songwriter, you're a damn good storyteller as well !!!

Thanx for sharing Andy !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DeificDave

Great song, fabulous guitar work, well done.     
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

AndyR

Quote from: Hilary on February 05, 2013, 01:24:28 PM
Quote from: AndyR on February 05, 2013, 01:08:13 PMDon't know about anyone else, I just love the image of the poor b@stard trying to lick a jaguar :D

I thought that was a euphamism (!) and yes had to google the other phrase too. Some of the others I came across were a tad ruder - dare I say some of the others, probably not but I'm still giggling.

It's not a sad song Andy, I'd like to think that the woman who inspired the song is up in heaven and loving every minute of it.

Oh yes, it definitely was/is meant as the euphemism, that's always what I meant. But I personally can't get the "taking it literally" out of my head, it's too deliciously amusing - the idiot's trying to lick a dangerous cat because that's what he thought she meant, while she's sat there going "Duh!!?!" :D (I watch a lot of Carry On Films!)

And you're so right about it not being a sad song. It was never meant to be (apart from "older guy regretting rejecting something that years later he'd have been very happy to have back if he could" - not nowadays for me personally, but for many years with no partner, this girl was my main fantasy - that's the main inspiration she brought to this thing)(not forgetting the open blouse, obviously!!). It was never meant to be sad, just rueful, and written as a tongue-in-cheek jolly romp to investigate that concept, with as many euphemisms and double-entendres as I could squeeze in :D.

After I found out about her death (I'd just googled her name while I was listening to the rhythm guitar parts and original guide vocal and bass), it took me a good few weeks to understand that it still could and should be a jolly romp. And while I was working on the recording later I also realised that, if she was aware of it, she'd probably approve, and I could continue to think of her as Tiffany without it feeling disrespectful in any way.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Pine

Man i liked this alot Andy...the arrangement, the instrument tones, and your great growly vocals

I thought the lyrics were excellent...full of imagery that the music brought to life.

Killer lead section with the doubled/panned guitars and the big sound.

Soundin' good on the fretless too..smooth tone...solid playing.

Ace tune!

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Redler

High quality music as always by you!! Top class bluesy song with cool performing! Nice job on each way!!!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

Dig the rhythm on this ... great tune ... great vocals and delivery on this!!!

The production is perfect too!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR