Tiffany's Estate - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, February 03, 2013, 11:29:26 AM

AndyR

At last, I've managed to finish something! (More in the pipeline now)

I started this in Oct/Nov last year, immediately after "I Dream You". I wanted to do a quick rocker. But this one completely clogged up the works.

It's the first outing of my fretless Jazz bass. I was quite pleased with myself that I've managed to almost hide the fact that it is fretless :D (I think I need to buy a fretted one as well now!)

Tiffany's Estate
Words & Music AndyR
Recorded on a BR1600
--------------------------------

Tiffany's Estate - A A J Russe

I wish I still had my position there
A steady job on Tiffany's estate
Each and every tree and bush was in my care
I trimmed them all on Tiffany's estate

Well I loved the work I had
The pay was never bad
The perks were everything that I could need
She kept cookies in her jar
She made me pet her jaguar
Lechez ma chatte - that's what she said
So I did

Try not too think so much - she said to me
And my whole world was Tiffany's estate
Now everything I know is what she taught to me
But I left it all on Tiffany's estate

Well I dream about her still
Sometimes against my will
Her open blouse, her boots, her hunting crop
Her stables and her hay
The things she made me say
And I can't believe I wanted to get out
But I did

One day I will go back and find myself
Where I lie on Tiffany's estate
The sweet and scented softness I remember there
The sharpened claws on Tiffany's estate

Copyright (C) 2013 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

I know I'll never ever ... ever be disappointed pushing play on an Andytune. And not this time either.

Fab work again Andy. I really love the rough voice you've been using on some of the latest offerings, and sprinkled with the angelic backing vocals it's just heaven !

piPad bound
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hilary

Well that made me giggle, not sure it was supposed to though - what can I say, I enjoyed it  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Great tune Andy! The quality of your productions always impresses me, I imagine that has something to with the time,effort and care you put into your tracks. I make mine in a car...I can sure hear the difference.This is totally slick, those background vocals really add that special something & i love that harmonized guitar interlude.You are really a talented songwriter & producer!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

brilliant, was reading the lyrics before the music started and misread the line about the jaguar, so was a tad disappointed when it got to that the line and it wasn't "she made me her pet jaguar" after all.  ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Loved it ....as you already know ...well you will when you look at alonetone....beautiful growling vocal...and fab lead .....Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Flash Harry

Fantastic fun  - Lechez ma chatte?

hahahah!

Fab! - bass sounds great.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 03, 2013, 03:53:09 PMjust googled  Lechez ma chatte  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Slow, too slow!!! I had a feeling you hadn't twigged when you first posted about the jaguar line last night ;D

And I actually had to do some googling to get the line in the first place.

I ended up collecting a variety of phrases of an, ahem, "intimate nature".

I wasn't sure which to use until I realised how that one would build on the jaguar line that was already in place (and which I had meant literally when it first popped into my head - "the girl kept exotic animals on her estate and made me pet the dangerous ones").

But the moment that the jaguar and lechez lines sat together I was utterly ecstatic at all the variations in meaning that they offered.

And giggling is a good response for me, Haylie, especially if you weren't sure whether you're meant to. I was always kind of aiming at that. It is quite a serious subject, and kinda sad, but I wanted it bouncy and amusing.

And no-one will ever know whether she really did have an estate, or whether it's just one big metaphor for her body. And did she really have a jaguar? Or a hunting crop? Or, indeed, could she actually speak French?
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Tangled Wires

Listened to this one for the first time last night.

Just spectacular in each and every way, and every part of this song is honed to finite perfection.

Those sweet backing vocals compliment that growling lead vocal perfectly. The guitar work excels too and love the bit where the higher octave part plays along with the vocal melody, and the guitars generally have a superb tone throughout too.

It all bounces along beautifully, full of incredible hooks, its a masterclass in songwriting, performance and production

A fabulous song that demands countless listens.

recorder
Boss Micro BR