Fly High - andy casson

Started by andy casson, February 01, 2013, 04:42:02 PM

kenny mac

Great track,nice production, love the dishes lol,I like how the track jumps into life,well done.

andy casson

thanks very much guys for all the kind comments, I have listened to this a few times now this week and there are bits that are winding me up and need some re-working IMHO, but I also got goose bumps playing it Andy. Been listening to alot of Oasis/NG recently, & was trying for that raw emotional feel.Hope to make some time this w/end to look at it again (still working away), but it may go onto the ever growing pile of songs & recordings I want to re-visit
cheers
Andy

henwrench

Quote from: AndyR on February 04, 2013, 01:49:22 PMOh good grief, this is wonderful.

Heard a lot of cool stuff this evening, but this is my favourite.

GOOSE-BUMPS listening to it.

DO NOT change the vocal!!!!! (OK, try it again if you want, but do not wipe this one! :D)

I know it's all personal taste really but, for me, this is a superb song I wish I'd written. And the emotions captured in this performance complement it wonderfully.

All this + 1

henwrench

ps the vocals are something else
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

One of the problems with reworking stuff (and I'm very guilty of this), is that we tend to forget about the goose-bumps we felt when we played or sang the original. Because we've experienced them already, they're almost a "given" in our heads and, because we have to concentrate on the bit we want to get "right" this time, and we don't tend to notice that maybe the thing is sounding slightly sterile maybe...

It'll drive you crazy, but if you have to rework, you have to capture those goose-bumps again.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Rata-tat-tat

Wow Andy... this is a little outside your norm and it's freakin awesome!!! I was drawn in from the start... and it just grew into a monster song from there for me... LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

DeificDave

Fantastic, It sounds perfect the way it is, well done! 
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Kenny B

Dig this Andy!!!  Fantastic song ... vox are excellent as usual.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Wow dude!! This is my fave from you too now!! Lots of faves going around here lately. Yes those vocals rule and just everything coming in at the right time throughout builds it up completely.

Freakin spectacular song my friend.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity