'One Guitar and a Suitcase'

Started by Greeny, February 12, 2009, 07:58:57 AM

Greeny

Quote from: jackofall on February 12, 2009, 08:33:08 AMI'm envious too - the professional production, the great sound, an excellent song. Really brilliant - I agree that a banjo would sound absolutely right in there somewhere.

If anyone can do it, it's you!   ;)

Bluesberry

Quote from: holdempok on February 12, 2009, 08:19:58 AMDman Tim,
Everytime I hear you do something it continues to blow me away. Your production skills on the BR are bloody amazing, your harmonies are amazing, your all around talants are amazing! God I sound like a groupie. lol. well I guess I am.  :D
Sorry I'm babling.
Another great song Tim from an amazing Artist!
Mike

I am glad holdempok has taken over the role of raving babling groupie, I am trying to restrain myself a bit more these days. LOL. ;D
Super fine song Greeny, I really like the sound of this, it is right up my alley.  I am mesmerized by your talent for songwriting.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: jackofall on February 12, 2009, 08:33:08 AMI agree that a banjo would sound absolutely right in there somewhere.

Why don't you give it a try? As Greeny said, "If anyone can do it, it's you!" If you don't have a banjo, maybe some mandolin or ukelele played in a banjo style might do the trick.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SE

Really enjoyed this one, got a style all of your own I  find all the best songs come from our own experience as this one shows.
recorder
Boss BR-80

89strat

Pretty big results from this little box!

What drums did you use for this--from the Micro or ?

Nice work!

tafka

if this was recorded on a bon-tempi tape deck or a MBR , to me it does not matter ...i love this song and the lyric brings back memories
Passion will always be above teck MBR stuff GMO

Tony J.
ps your not to good on slide and i ain;t either.
D.H.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

godinqc

Very good song .. Man you guys are good ..  :o It takes me forever to record a semi-decent song and you guys seems to come up with good ones in a couple of days...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Wiley

That was great!!  I don't feel quite so lonely now. LOL  But thats whats great about this site. It doesn't matter what you play..It's just great music. I want to hear another one like it.  I think slide is facinating. 
p.J.

lg

Hey Greeny,
Chalk up another hit song...
I don't understand how you do it!
It's like you reach into your magicians' hat of music and just pull out one after one!
Astounding!
Nothing short of brilliant!
Period.
LG
p.s. And yes I am a Fan!
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteKind of a Ryan Adams(ish) sound - well, it WAS in my head
what can i say tim another belter, re ryan adams apparently he tries and writes a new song every day but i think you are becoming more prolific than him and you have a full time job too. cannea give you enough praise, you just keep pushing the bar up a couple of notches every time.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann