'One Guitar and a Suitcase'

Started by Greeny, February 12, 2009, 07:58:57 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_One Guitar and a Suitcase
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just fancied doing something a bit different. This is me with a 12-string and 6-string acoustic through the mic, a bit of Telecaster through 'SQR TR', and a dash of slide to add a country flavour. Kind of a Ryan Adams(ish) sound - well, it WAS in my head  :D :D :D

Self-penned, autobiographical, and all done in 4-tracks on the BR.

Note: I'm not a slide player, so please make some allowances on that count  ;)

Bro

To be honest its really not my favorite genre.
But great playing, and the slide stuff was also great!
Every time i hear something from you it surprises me how you get that great recording.. sound. Or i dont know how to put this, it sounds so..
Professional?
Just great!
Great job  :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Guitar-Maniac

yea, not my taste either, but man do you have SKILLS on the br! sickening recoding man, flippin professional.

oh yea must add, for a split second, i swear i heard something
along the lines of... Wonky tonk and a suitcase! hehe  ;D
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Greeny

Quote from: Guitar-Maniac on February 12, 2009, 08:09:35 AMWonky tonk and a suitcase

I like that! Lol.

It needs some banjo and violin too, but I know my limits  :D

holdempok

Dman Tim,

Everytime I hear you do something it continues to blow me away. Your production skills on the BR are bloody amazing, your harmonies are amazing, your all around talants are amazing! God I sound like a groupie. lol. well I guess I am.  :D

I really would love to pick your brain when you have some time on how you go about putting a song together to help my production development. Reading it just gets me fustrated. I think there needs to be a full video series made or a mannual for dummies.(me)  ;)

The video really helped me.
Sorry I'm babling.
Another great song Tim from an amazing Artist!

Mike
Why don't we do it on the road?

Flash Harry

Tim,

Do you remember the bloke you met that dark night with funny shoes and a couple of small horns? The one that said that all he wanted was your soul when you're finished with it?

Where do you pull these from? I am stunned by your prolific quality of output.

Stop now. You're making me very envious. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: holdempok on February 12, 2009, 08:19:58 AMDman Tim,

Everytime I hear you do something it continues to blow me away. Your production skills on the BR are bloody amazing, your harmonies are amazing, your all around talants are amazing! God I sound like a groupie. lol. well I guess I am.  :D

I really would love to pick your brain when you have some time on how you go about putting a song together to help my production development. Reading it just gets me fustrated. I think there needs to be a full video series made or a mannual for dummies.(me)  ;)

The video really helped me.
Sorry I'm babling.
Another great song Tim from an amazing Artist!

Mike

;D Thanks Mike!

Definitely happy to help out with some production pointers. They won't be complicated techniques though, because I'm not very technically-minded or a perfectionist in that area (compared to someone like Hooper, who has a special skill for thse things...). All I do is try different things until they sound right. Kind of instinctive, really. The main thing for my songs is getting the balance right between the different song parts, and using panning to create a listenable soundscape. There's definitely some stuff I've learned in that area though, and it's all come from years of trial and error and making the best use of 4 tracks. I'll have a think about how to explain it in the best way...  :)

jackofall

I'm envious too - the professional production, the great sound, an excellent song. Really brilliant - I agree that a banjo would sound absolutely right in there somewhere.
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Ferryman

Quote from: Guitar-Maniac on February 12, 2009, 08:09:35 AMoh yea must add, for a split second, i swear i heard something
along the lines of... Wonky tonk and a suitcase! hehe  ;D

Sorry about this, but I'll swear I heard "I know exactly how you like your codpiece" which I thought was an interesting twist in English folk-country crossover, but then I realized it was coffee, not codpiece.

But seriously, another well played, well sung, poignant piece of work. I noticed a country-ish tinge on some of the jemima's kite stuff, it's out on force here . How do you manage to turn out so much listenable, credible work so quickly and to such a high standard? It is a pleasure hearing all this.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Greeny you are amazing...I almost can't believe such a complex well balanced sound can come out of a little box..You really are a master of the BR...
Oh by the way the songs pretty good too ;)