I Will Wait (for You) - Andy Casson

Started by andy casson, January 27, 2013, 04:22:44 AM

Hi Andy, always good to listen to a new one from you. Great build finishing as a powerhouse production, top quality post.........Willie

ps the guitar work sounds pretty hot to me.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Nice build up here Andy! I don't hear any rustiness with your guitar work but as players and writers I know our own personal expectations are always set high. A dark song that pulls me in...well done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

SwanSong

HI Andy a superb preformance well done..liked the guitar
u did well did not sound rusty ...as u mentioned re playing.
good vox and liked lyrics especially wishing u the best NEIL

Hilary

Yay Andy's back. Evokes a Heathcliffesque atmosphere - dark, broody, romantic - I like it!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ted

Halfway through this, on the first play, I got up and fetched my headphones. That was a good decision. It's a very full and immersive mix. You'll miss some nuances if you're listening on a phone or laptop speakers.

Drums don't come in until about the one-minute mark. And until that point, the song seems poised to go in several directions. (Spoiler Alert! ) I was not expecting big late-classic-metal – or whatever you might call this style. There's so many dynamics here. The vocal is the consistent thread, and everything else rises, falls, and swirls around that steady signal. It's a great effect. The pulsing strings are such a simple and effective touch. Great song.

The wait is over.

Blackout Bump - week of 26 January, 2013
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

TPB

Yep what Ted said listening to this just pulls you in
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ted on February 04, 2023, 12:49:25 AMGreat song.

The wait is over.

Blackout Bump - week of 26 January, 2013
Now that is a bump........what a track....I would not have heard this otherwise........long live the blackout bump.......may you never remove this burdensome task from your shoulders.......a service to all that is good and fair in this darkening landscape we find ourselves in...........bump away good knight of the bump........if it is your only weapon against the darkening dawn, then I say wield that mighty bump finger with purpose and joy......what a great track to bring back up....it will provide sustenance for many a dreary and hungry hour.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 04, 2023, 10:50:48 AMmay you never remove this burdensome task from your shoulders

Sorry. In the 780 weeks I've been registered on this site, there have been approximately 558 weeks where I didn't engage at all – 71.58% of all weeks. If I keep hunting down weeks where I didn't hear at least one new song, I'd be Blackout Bumping for another two years.

So the Blackout Bumps will be winding down and wrapping up in three weeks. After that, I'll retire the spreadsheet. But I will use the more conventional methods of discovering songs I missed: Random Dozen, On This Day, individual member jukeboxes.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a jukebox for "Resurrected Gems" – like for older songs that have been recently bumped after X years since the last comment (the last comment not from the the original poster – to eliminate Masterbumping). I'd visit that jukebox! Probably.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Farrell Jackson

Thanks for bumping this Andy song, Ted! I've always liked Andy's music and vocals. His voice sounds just like a musical friend of mine, to a tee. I wish he would find his way back to Songcrafters so we could hear some more of his musical gems.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?