Name That Effin Tune

Started by Rata-tat-tat, January 25, 2013, 09:48:08 PM

64Guitars

Clues:

It's a cover of a 70s Top-10 classic.

A collaboration by two members of Songcrafters.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StephenM

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 06, 2021, 08:54:05 AMClues:

It's a cover of a 70s Top-10 classic.

A collaboration by two members of Songcrafters.

pop or rock?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

the player won't play it but as I listen to this little 5 second clip it sounds like "draggin the line" by Tommy James...so that would have been Phantasm and Farrell.... but i can't play the original post to tell...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

64Guitars

No, it's not "Draggin' The Line".

I was worried this would be too easy but I was obviously wrong. So here are some more clues.

The song was a top-10 hit in the 1970s for a famous New Orleans singer-songwriter.

The clip I posted is the first 5 seconds of the very recognisable intro to the song, which is why I thought it was too easy. You'll kick yourself when you find out what it is.

Both members of Songcrafters who collaborated on this tune have posted in this topic.

Now I'm sure it's too easy.  :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

With the clues, I got it - "Right Place, Wrong Time" written by Dr. John and covered by Rata-tat-tat and Gnasty:

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=17859
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Quote from: cuthbert on January 07, 2021, 12:29:52 PMWith the clues, I got it - "Right Place, Wrong Time" written by Dr. John and covered by Rata-tat-tat and Gnasty:

Correct. Your turn to post a clip.

By the way, StephenM came quite close to discovering the answer when he suggested "Draggin' The Line" as it was included in the 70sFest. That song no longer plays because it's on phantasm777's own server which no longer seems to be working. But if you had clicked on the 70sFest banner in that post, Stephen, you would have found that the very first song in that jukebox is "Right Place, Wrong Time". You were so close.  :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

name-that-effin-tune
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: 64Guitars on January 07, 2021, 12:45:26 PMCorrect. Your turn to post a clip.

Okay, I've got one - this is one of my first favorites here.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 07, 2021, 12:45:26 PM
Quote from: cuthbert on January 07, 2021, 12:29:52 PMWith the clues, I got it - "Right Place, Wrong Time" written by Dr. John and covered by Rata-tat-tat and Gnasty:

Correct. Your turn to post a clip.

By the way, StephenM came quite close to discovering the answer when he suggested "Draggin' The Line" as it was included in the 70sFest. That song no longer plays because it's on phantasm777's own server which no longer seems to be working. But if you had clicked on the 70sFest banner in that post, Stephen, you would have found that the very first song in that jukebox is "Right Place, Wrong Time". You were so close.  :)

oh welll.... I'll get to try again.... and digging around I found alot more great songs too...man i could not place this....but it felt a bit like that one I said...thanks for continuing the game....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

that would be "Love Me In Obscurity" by Greeny...... took me a while to find it..  Cuthbert...Where is your Autoharp arrangement gone?  It says page not found when clicked on....

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=3884.msg42555#msg42555

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

cuthbert

Quote from: StephenM on January 08, 2021, 05:35:38 AMthat would be "Love Me In Obscurity" by Greeny...... took me a while to find it.. 

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=3884.msg42555#msg42555

Dang, I really thought this one would be a toughie! Okay - your turn to post one, Stephen.

Quote from: StephenM on January 08, 2021, 05:35:38 AMWhere is your Autoharp arrangement gone?  It says page not found when clicked on....

Hmm - will see if I can track it down.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase