"Dear Abby" - John Prine cover by 64Guitars and oldrottenhead

Started by 64Guitars, January 24, 2013, 03:11:00 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: Hilary on January 25, 2013, 10:29:12 AMI think the balance between the guitar and the vox is slightly off, IMO the guitar's just a bit too loud

Yes, I thought that too. Unfortunately, oldrottenhead hasn't sent me the vocal track yet so all I could post was the mix that he sent me. If I had the vocal track, I'd boost the vocal a bit.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Jarle

Great. Really like it. The guitar sounds good in my ears, you could have fooled me.

And the vocals.....

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Rata-tat-tat

Cool song... Jim I do believe you can pull off any genre... This is awesome fellas. Love that guitar 64 .....
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Oldrottenhead

QuoteYes, I thought that too. Unfortunately, oldrottenhead hasn't sent me the vocal track yet so all I could post was the mix that he sent me. If I had the vocal track, I'd boost the vocal a bit.
just back from a heavy drinking and eating session, once i get my slippers out the oven will get wav vox toio you
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

New mix with more prominent vocals in original post and 70sFest jukebox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

danieldesete

I'm not familiar with the original, but this a very catchy tune, nice cover !
hou hou ha ha

maxit

well done. I swear is  the only time a piezo transducer sound good to me LOL. ... what the hell does it mean "knocking on wood"? signed dear abby
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Sounds Great love your vocal on this Jim...great collab gents.........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination