0:00
Volume:
Another original from me.

lg

Oh My God,

Syd you've come back to us...
Amazing. I am in love with this song...
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteOh My God,

Syd you've come back to us...
i second that , great stuff again tom.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Agree with these guys. There's a lovely naive simplicity to your work that is so reminiscent of Syd Barrett. But it doesn't sound basic. Echoes of Nick Drake as well. I find your work quite touching (if I can say that without sounding like a big girl's blouse).

I'm guessing you are recording everything with a mike, hence a bit of background noise? But that adds a kind of ambient feel (previously described as waterfall noises) that adds to the sense of fragility.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mr2kewl

really dig the background sound in your recent songs. it floods my memory back to the late 60's when i would sneak my AM radio into bed and listen to music with a mono ear bud.

very cool stuff tom - very cool.

markr
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

guitarron

very original-i like this one too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Fantastic,

Simple and direct. Perfect. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Cor Blimey. That's as close to Syd as you can get. I really like it. Bags of character, great vocals and full of English quirkiness. Very cool...  :)

Bluesberry

QuoteAnother original from me.
Incredible.  You are a true original.  This is bloody fantastic. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TomH86

woah. Thanks so much! I recorded this song in room at the front of my house..So I think the background noise that you hear is the passing of cars. This didn't take long to write...It just sort of came to me as I was noodling around..I had about 3 other ideas/songs I was working on..I broke from them for a little while and this is what came out. I like it..And im really glad others, like yourselves do too!

I have some old songs available for download here,

http://indiestore.7digital.com/lowfyemusic/

You guys seem to be able to make the br work a lot better than I can! haha..I just record a guitar and voice..I havent really dabbled with the drum tracks much..None of them took my fancy to be honest..