"Asylum Pit" a Geir original

Started by Geir, January 17, 2013, 03:23:18 PM

64Guitars

Excellent. The melodica sounds great and I love that long chant-like vocal bit and the "ahhh" after it. Very cool.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Nelson

Well done Geir.
Excellent instrumentation and love them vocals.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Redler

Sounds very orchestral!! Loved the warm tones all around! Top class job on vocals, too!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

Love the lyrics, and how you used the backing vocals to strengthen and build up under the long notes.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Curd

I know I never heard this song in a buddy film from the early 70s...  but I should have.

Geir

Thanx for the kind comments fellow songcrafters and admired musicians !!!!

Quote from: henwrench on January 18, 2013, 03:19:18 AMAce!! That melodica is always gonna sound wicked but the organ!!! Oh my, the organ sounds real!! Is it?
It does sound great doesn't it? Well that's all GarageBand !!! I'm so glad I finally got myself an iPad (even tho I do have mixed feelings about Apple's really strict control and closed systems).

I did love that organ-sound so much that I may have put it a tad high in the mix, loosing some cello and other tracks .... but hey .... that is one hell of an organ sound :D

Quote from: Tangled Wires on January 18, 2013, 12:22:27 PMGreat use of GarageBand, did you record the drums by tapping your fingers on the kits in there?
Indeed I did. And this is the first song I did it like that. And I must say it does open up a lot of paths to go for further songs. Like Greeny, I think I've explored almost every MBR/BR800 drum patterns, and it's great (and a bit intimidating) to be able to make my own so easily.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hi Geir, this is what it's all about, home recording at it best. I've just started trying to use Garageband seriously and this encourages me to persist. Great post.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Pine

Fascinating song my old friend. Having worked for nearly 20 years in a locked psychiatric unit i can relate.

The smooth, gentle music...what others see sometimes, covers the sometimes violent or psychotic thoughts that the individual may entertain within.

The instrumentation is perfect and there are those little pieces that whisper 'psychosis'....

On the surface, this song sounds simple...but what it speaks of is anything but.

Brilliant approach to a dark subject. great job..as usual!

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

DeificDave

I could do with a room like that   ;) ...excellent song, fantastic arrangement, perfect performance, some very lovely vocal effects too!   
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos