Roland TD30K Electronic drums , Christmas pressie to myself

Started by Facemask93, January 16, 2013, 03:46:22 PM

Facemask93

Gave myself a big treat this xmas , didnt know whether it was the right thing to do , but after two drum lessons I'm loving it , got to say i wished id tried the drums years ago , this now takes pride of place in my new studio

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

64Guitars

That looks like a really nice drum kit. I wish I could afford one and had somewhere to put it. Drums are great fun to play. I've always wanted a drum kit.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

oh WOW ... I'm envious !!

but congrats !! I'm looking forward to hearing what this will add to your already wonderful music !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Facemask93

Thanks guys , although i am lucky because of the house sale . i still felt very guilty about buying it & it took me nearly a week to open the boxes because it felt wrong to spend that kind of money , plus i felt shite with cold and chest infection , breaking up with the missus didn't help none either

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

Bluesberry

Looks good Rob, I love my little Roland kit I bought last year.  Playing drums is very fun, and very therapeutic. You get into such a "zone" that is is wonderful.  Instant Nirvana I say.  My experience was that if I played them every day, if even for 15-20 minutes, you will get good in no time.  I did that for the first 4-5 months.  I have backed way off on playing lately, but because I put my time in, I just sit down and within a few minutes I am back in the groove.  Everybody should have a set of drums in the house, it is good for your mental health.  Heck of a good workout too.  Just try to play them everyday Rob, even if only for a few minutes.  Lovely news.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

Vanncad

Wow! That's a really nice kit Rob.

Yep - I bet you'll get a good workout on them things.

I hope to have a set like that someday too. I just got to get rid of a bunch of "old stock" first.

Have fun my friend!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

kenny mac

Wow,nice kit rob,if you get as good on it as ou are on guitar we are in for a treat.
                                                                                   Kenny

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Rata-tat-tat

Hey Rob... I could've swore I commented on this... This is an excellent kit. Nothing beats the real deal and these are as close as you are gonna get. I play them at our local music store every time I go in there... They keep trying to sell it to me, but I've never taken the plunge. I really like the nylon mesh heads they give a great feel... much better than the rubber head triggers. The stick slides nicely on the mesh... giving it a very authentic feel. The rubber heads tend to grab stick making strokes feel robotic... I'm really impressed with the pressure sensitivity on those things... It really does a great job registering the force of the hit.... Even at low volume level these things really sound and feel like the real deal.

Roland has really impressed me with there natural sound kits... I found countless kits in the factory pre sets  that were good to go... the interface is pretty straight forward. I was able to jump on it and start playing and experimenting right away. The thing is so damn fun to play... Whenever I see one... I want to play it.

The way I see it... you've earned yourself an endless amount of percussion...synth and so on. Money well spent.

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02