"Autumn Leaves" a bruno & Hook original

Started by Hook, January 09, 2013, 06:41:54 PM

Hook

Autumn Leaves
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another track bruno posted as an instrumental, apparently I'm not letting him have anything to himself ;D.
I remember being completely inspired when I first heard it but didn't get any time to put into it until today.  I wrote the lyric this morning before my first job and recorded it in NSS this afternoon.
bruno my brother, what can I say...your playing (and your titles) inspires me!

Autumn Leaves
music written & performed by bruno
vocals written & performed by Hook

We don't have autumn leaves
We don't see colors change
Here our seasons don't turn
We just change their names
       It probably affects me more than I realize

We don't have autumn leaves
We hardly ever see 50 degrees
I'm not looking for sympathetic strings
But I miss the joy that winter brings
      I know I am changed by this lack of rotation

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Man I love this track ,the music is great and the vocals and lyrics top notch,well done

bruno

Love it and love the sentiment in the lyrics. Careful what you wish for, with Autumn comes the bleak mid-winter, and the UK is bleak, days of rain and dark is depressing - the only thing to do is tuck yourself up in the warm, drink and play guitar.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I could do with some of that Florida sunshine at the moment! 7:30 AM, its dark and its raining (well not raining yet, but it cometh), not too cold but just grey. Not talking about that explosion of rain that you get in FL, but slow drizzle that keeps going for days. I spent xmas in FL a few years back, and on coming back I thought someone had turned the colour down, and I was coming back to a Black and White movie  ;D ;D ;D

On the plus side - we don't get the critters (unless you live in Scotland with the midges), roaches are rare, and no ants in the house - but no crickets in the evenings.

I have a ex-Pat friend in Fort Lauderdale - and she say she misses the seasons - I guess you miss these thing when you don't have them, and when you are in the middle of the bleak mid-winter (January really sucks in the UK, its long and grey, to be followed by Feb - which is normally when we get the real cold snap, or sometimes some sun, who knows!!).

I'm rambling ...!

My friend, you are an inspiration - music should move you, and make you think - and you've certainly done both this cold and grey morning in the UK. Great job.

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Greeny

I'd be happy to swap with you! Nothing more depressing that a British winter of rain and dark, cold mornings!

Beautiful song though. Fantastic guitar work and a lovely bitter-sweet, jazzy vibe. Another top quality collaboration.

Tangled Wires

I actually love the four seasons we get here in the UK, and I love this song.

Hook's restrained vocal sits perfectly with the backdrop of the wonderfully crafted music, and I was liking so much that I wanted more than 1m 47s worth.

Was I hearing a real fiddle in there too?

Anyway, terrific collaboration once again...short but very sweet.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Thanks all for the comments on this - I always love what Hook does with my half ramblings and turns them into something real  :)
Quote from: Tangled Wires on January 10, 2013, 06:22:08 AMWas I hearing a real fiddle in there too?
Yeah - two or three real fiddle tracks.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Rata-tat-tat

Man when you two get together it's always a powerhouse production. Bruno I love your guitar playin...when Hook adds his caribean style to a track you know it will be something special.... Both of you are so very talented and it's a pleasure to say I have collaborated with you both!!! Thanks look forward to more!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Gritter

love that shuffle, really swings. The fiddle sounds lovely and the guitar is perfect.

Oldrottenhead

playing catch up on the latest songplayer, glad i caught this it is wonderful. hook one of you best vocals to date, and the music is fab too. shades of early van morrison to my ears. piepod bound.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Nelson

My Oh My
Short, sweet and simply fantastic.
Silky vocals and stylish guitar work.
Well done guys
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600