1st studio

Started by kenny mac, January 06, 2013, 01:18:55 PM

Farrell Jackson

This was my first recorder. It was a 1969 or 1970 portable cassette recorder called an Airline and sold by Montgomery Wards Dept. store which is now defunct. I paid $30 for it which was a big expenditure for me at that time. I sure got my use out of it for years. I still have several old cassette tapes that I recorded on in but the unit is long gone. It even came with an external mic that had an on/off switch to start the recorder..real high tech, lol!

Farrell

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Think I should actually clarify that this was the 1st port studio that I owned ,I went through various tape ,machines etc like everyone else ,I then bought a double reel sound on sound off a friend and used that for a while (akai I think)but the one pictured was my 1st real version of a 4 track tape recorder.
It's interesting to see all the different variations in recorders everyone had,we all seem to have been dabbling for a while,I started learning guitar at 18 and then piano at the same time,it just esculated  from there.

Greeny

Have to say, I love looking at all this old gear!

maxit

I started in the 80 with fostex x18 too -as Alf, great tool (dinosaur now, but still cool like every piece on this post)! and I could fasten my guitar speed just as simple as turning a little speed wheel LOL (I'll make you listen some hot jazz by slow hand me ;-)
recorder
Audacity

SdC

This thread is making me feel nostalgic in a big way, and giving me Retro-GAS! Looking at the classifieds online, there appear to be a lot of Revox and Teac reel to reel multitrack recorders available for very little money....

recorder
Boss BR-600

alfstone

Quote from: kenny mac on January 09, 2013, 06:10:31 PMI hope it's a carpet and not a pair of boxer shorts its lying on  ;D

No idea, I just found the photo on the internet...  :)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/