Thumb Jam

Started by Chezedog, January 04, 2013, 06:55:48 PM

Chezedog

I keep seeing references to an iOS app called "Thumb Jam" around here.
I wonder if them what use it could tell me what it is they do with it, and how/if it interfaces with a Micro BR.

I could just cough up the jack, and see for myself, but I'm something of a skinflint!

Geir

I haven't used it yet in  song myself, but I suspect I'd connect my iPad to the line in on my micro, using a stereo mini-jack cable.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

I can't encourage you more strongly to get thumbjam. It has totally changed what I can produce and inspired me in so many different creative directions. Trumpets, trombones, flutes, strings, drums, pedal steel.....the list goes on & on & on. It's so easy and intuitive, pick the key, find the scale, there are hundreds and use your thumb to play...hell use your toes it don't matter, it will sound good. I swear I can hear the bow quiver on the violins, the muted trumpet is amazing, best sounds ever. It's only available for apple, all android apps suck. If you don't have an Iphone or I pad or I pod touch get one at a pawn shop or ask a friend whose upgraded Iphones if you can have there old one. You don't need a service plan to download apps, just wireless internet. Once on the pad or pod you can use it anywhere. Plug a eighth inch cord out the headphone jack into the line in, add a little reverb....oh my oh my!
It's like $10 so it's really a no brainer & there are other apps, garage band, drumjam, impacktor...do it, do it do it....everyone!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Chezedog

Okay, I bought the thing!

I'll learn to use it tomorrow.  Thanks!  ;D

Greeny

You'll love it. All you need to get (if you don't have one already) is a jack-to-jack lead that you can connect your iphone / ipad to the MBR with via the Line In socket. It really is as easy as that.