"A new year" a Geir original

Started by Geir, January 02, 2013, 03:25:30 PM

Geir

Geir - A new year
Time:
0:00
Volume:
It's been a while since my last solo original ..........

this is also my first song completely composed, played and recorded in garage-band on my new iPad.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Nicely done Geir -
Great vox, and very nice composition.
Happy New Year.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Good to have you back on the scene Geir,cool track,get yourself a line 6 keys for your iPad and you won't look back,I done a little instrumental tonight in the crib , just to show the piano etc on it Ill try and post it tomoro,well done on your 1st song.

cuthbert

I like it!

I know almost nothing about GarageBand. Did you use a MIDI controller for the sounds, and record the vox directly into the iPad?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

yer gien me gas yer gien me gas. magic.

and a new voice too like paul buchanan muxed up with tom waits and a great fella caller geir.

here is me trying to save up for a cheap electro acoustic for under £150, an ipad is the 1st thing i'll buy if i ever win the lottery. ooo a want an ipad noo.

can i have a wee go on yours maybe in the spring.  ;D ;D ;D

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Jim it scares the shit oot of me how many songs you would come up with wi an iPod.

64Guitars

Excellent job, Geir! Some really interesting sounds there, and I love the vocal.

Quote from: cuthbert on January 02, 2013, 04:36:31 PMI know almost nothing about GarageBand. Did you use a MIDI controller for the sounds, and record the vox directly into the iPad?

I'm wondering about that too. I know you mentioned in another topic that you're thinking of buying a midi keyboard controller, so I assume you made this without one. How does that work? Or did you use a full-size keyboard instrument that happened to have a MIDI Out connector? I've done that in the past with my Yamaha keyboard hooked up to my computer with a Roland USB midi interface to control soft synths. But it's much too big to leave in my office, which is why I bought the 25-key Akai keyboard controller. It stays upstairs in my office and the 66-key Yamaha stays downstairs with my BR and guitars.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 02, 2013, 04:38:02 PMcan i have a wee go on yours maybe in the spring.  ;D ;D ;D

That's not very nice. Go to the loo if you have to wee. Don't go wee on Geir's nice new iPad! :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Redler

I love the harmony feel on this!! Sounds real orchestral!! Fantastic composition and performing! Piepod stuff for sure!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Sheer class. The emotion-soaked vocal makes it all so poignant, and the string-laden backing is beautifully restrained. Wonderful!

I too would like to know if you recorded the vox straight into Garageband.

Always great to hear a new Geir original!!!!