Metal for your mutha

Started by knniggits, February 10, 2009, 04:53:04 AM

knniggits

Devil in flipflops
Time:
0:00
Volume:

The difficult second song  :D
Ran out of space on my br because i did so many takes  ???
Could do with a solo at 1.30 but i ran out of talent  :P
Anyone fancy a go?
Cheers  ;D

Posted in collaboration section
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Bluesberry

The guitar sounds great.  Like you say it needs guitar solos and lyrics and bass and there you have it, a complete song.  Also you should play round with the drums for variety, look at what other dudes have done with the MBR drums.  All in all, great sounding guitar and a nice groove.  Keep working on it some more.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Guitar-Maniac

man i love this, i would like to try solo over this, hehe
got a question tho, how do i get the song onto my Mbr? and what the hell do i do then?

Edit : ahh nvm, i cnt seem to download the file  :'(
arghhh!! i can just hear the solo in my head!
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

guitarron

Quote from: knniggits on February 10, 2009, 04:53:04 AMRan out of space on my br because i did so many takes  ???

Cheers  ;D

Optimize often

Love these tracks I'm not a true metalist -but i may still take a crack at it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

knniggits

I've been pretty lazy with the drums  ::) i'll have to redo it at some point. The bass track is there,although it follows the guitar pretty closely and could do with being a little louder in the mix.
Thanks for the comments,you can't see the wood for the tree's sometimes and it help a lot.
Onwards and upwards  ;D

knniggits

I guess you drag and drop the mp3 file to the mp3 folder on your br Guitar-Maniac

dragonshade

Good sound, very curious to hear some solos over this.

GM....

Start a new song. Use a "mini" stereo cable... plug into the MBR (line-in), and out the headphones jack of your computer. On the MBR... press "input", select "line-in", play the track (adjust your levels for clipping). Record the whole thing (it will default record to channels 1 & 2, V1). Change your input to guitar, plug your headphones in the MBR, hit "record" (make sure you have channel 3 selected), and off you go.

Guitar-Maniac

thanks dragon, only problem is, i can't seem to download this file!
anyone have problems too?
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

64Guitars

Quote from: dragonshade on February 10, 2009, 07:20:38 AMGM....

Start a new song. Use a "mini" stereo cable... plug into the MBR (line-in), and out the headphones jack of your computer. On the MBR... press "input", select "line-in", play the track (adjust your levels for clipping). Record the whole thing (it will default record to channels 1 & 2, V1). Change your input to guitar, plug your headphones in the MBR, hit "record" (make sure you have channel 3 selected), and off you go.

Although that will work, there's a much better way:

Copy the MP3 file from your computer to the MP3 folder of your Micro BR. Then import the MP3 to TR12V1 of a new song by following the procedure on pages 113 and 114 of the Micro BR Manual, 3rd edition.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Guitar-Maniac on February 10, 2009, 08:10:22 AMthanks dragon, only problem is, i can't seem to download this file!
anyone have problems too?

If you're using Internet Explorer 7 and you keep getting the error message "content decoding has failed", see this message:

http://microrecorders.org/community/general-discussion-b8/down-loading/msg12013/#msg12013

I had no trouble downloading the song in Firefox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website