Different Sides - remake - by oldrottenhead and 64Guitars

Started by 64Guitars, January 02, 2013, 10:25:43 AM

64Guitars

Different Sides (remake of ORH's song)
Performed by 64Guitars and Oldrottenhead
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I enjoyed this one that oldrottenhead wrote and recorded live in the living room with his ukulele.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=17272.0

It inspired me to try out a few ideas with my new Akai MPK25 midi keyboard controller and some soft synths. I used AlsaModularSynth for the bass and Swami with a few soundfonts for the rest. This is all free software. I recorded straight to Audacity. My timing's not the greatest so I would have been better off recording it in a sequencer which could then quantize my performance to fix my timing errors. But I'm still learning all the software and couldn't find one that would let me use both soft synths and audio tracks too. I'm sure it can be done; I just need time to work out how to do it.

Anyway, I sent the works to oldrottenhead last night and he re-recorded his ukulele and vocals and mixed them with my backing mix. Here's the result.

written by Oldrottenhead
lyrics, vocals, and ukulele by Oldrottenhead
soft synths by 64Guitars
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

WOW !

I love the transformation this has gone through. Really excellent arrangement, and thats some fab sounds you've picked out 64G. Couldn't hear no timing issues either!

piPad bound ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

kenny mac

Wowwwwww guys love it,great sound mr 64(Ill really need to get your 1st name lol)jim as usual you are the colours added to complete the picture,brawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Redler

Nice synth additions, 64!! The percussion job gives nice flavor on this! I'm hooked on ORH's uke songs!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

The lead synth part reminds me of some moody French film soundtrack. Which I like very much! Love that deep, warm bass part too. And the song of course is totally fab. Excellent stuff.

Tangled Wires

I absolutely love this, the synth additions are wonderful and perfectly placed in the song and the way they combine with sound of the Uke is spine tingling stuff.

Just listening to the original, and an already excellent song just got better.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Nice additions! Your timing sounds fine to my ears. Reminds me somehow of a desert trek.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Jarle

This is great, the only thing I can put my finger on is that it ended too soon. :)
So I guess that I just have to listen one more time.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Wow - missed this one. Its a gem - nice use of freeware synths as well. I had a moog freeware synth a while ago, and that was my fav, doesn't run on mac though, which is a shame!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600