Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Too be honest ,I was wanting a straightforward plug in and play keyboard to write songs on and this is just the ticket.
The amount of keyboard aps available as well as GarageBands keyboard selection is great.
I mostly prefer to sit through the song and play as it happens rather than program the keyboards.
I would say its perfect for composing and adding to songs,last night at the flick of a switch I was playing a grand piano,it also operated the drum pads for me to get a drum section going.
It's a quick way to layer on strings,piano etc,as far as Im concerned its the best purchase Ive made in a long while .
The way Im working at the moment is I build the drums keyboards,sometimes bass using GarageBand then transfer it from the headphone output via a line out left and right into my studio into a stereo track,this then leaves me 7 tracks to play with.
It's a quick method for me and is hiss free etc.
I then transfer the finished product by mixing it down directly onto a stand alone CD burner .

64Guitars

Quote from: kenny mac on December 28, 2012, 09:52:27 AMThe way Im working at the moment is I build the drums keyboards,sometimes bass using GarageBand then transfer it from the headphone output via a line out left and right into my studio into a stereo track,this then leaves me 7 tracks to play with.

Why not just export your GarageBand tracks as an AIFF file and import that directly into the BR?

In GarageBand, select Share -> Export Song to Disk. Make sure Compress is unchecked, then click OK. The file will be exported in AIFF format which you can then import directly into the BR-800 using BR Wave Converter.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Rata-tat-tat

Thanks for sharing this Kenny.... I've been looking for things to put in the upcomming studio.... I think this may be one of the items.... Love it!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

kenny mac

Still not fully on br yet still using vs(old habits die hard)but I'm going to try this,cheers mr 64