Attention all songcrafters

Started by kenny mac, December 27, 2012, 06:10:23 PM

kenny mac

Guys I was looking at getting a new keyboard and was looking at a Juno etc as I'm fed up asking my keyboard player for a loan of his stuff to write and play my tunes on ,anyway got a line 6 mobile keys 49 for my Christmas and have come to the conclusion after plugging it in for the 1st time tonight that every songcrafter who plays keyboards should have one,I'm totally blown away,I put it into my iPad put on GarageBand I now have a choice of a grand piano to a Juno,,,it's mega and possibly I'm not getting any sleep tonight. ;D

Oldrottenhead

link us to one so we can see what yer talking aboot
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

That's it jim ,you would tell yer maw cause its braw,get an iPod it will store garage band as well,never been so impressed by a piece of kit.

64Guitars

Cool. A keyboard controller rather than a keyboard instrument. The difference being that a controller has no built-in sounds. Instead, it sends midi data to a soft synth which then generates the sounds.

I bought something similar recently: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=16954.0

It's lots of fun, though I've yet to record anything with it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

kenny mac

Cool,the thing I liked about this,it recognised it when it was plugged in right away as it was designed for apple,the sound and feel is fantastic and its powered by the iPad so no plugs or batteries,also done a full track tonight in about an hour using it to write the drum patterns as well,Ill post it as soon as Im not drunk ;D merry Xmas hic

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Mach

Cool looking controller for the price. I have an old Midiman M-Audio 49 that has spring loaded keys, I'm assuming this does also. One thing I noticed is it doesn't have midi in/out connections like most controllers, midi floor controllers, drum machine triggers and simulators. I read the specs and it looks like it's all done through the USB for PC's. Does this support midi recording in DAW's?

Also there is no digital display for CC adjustments. Does it come with software for screen view of MIDI Channels, Program Changes, Velocity Curves and Controller Assign patches? Assigning is a big part of the midi process. One thing that is pretty cool is having a Vol and Pan control knob.

I'm assuming it works with any midi-based software programs like, for instance, Kontakt as a stand alone unit OR with VST plug-ins? I know they mention GarageBand, but does it support other software to send and receive midi messages like midi in/out connections?

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Boognish

pretty sweet! I recently picked up an arturia analog laboratory... still learning all the bells and whistles... its pretty awesome, but i'm thinking i could have just gotten something simple like that instead and saved some $$$.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AELab/?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=audio&utm_term=arturia_analog_laboratory
Okay to cover.