A Shorter Version of N.A.C.

Started by indierik, February 09, 2009, 10:34:26 AM

indierik

NACSH0RT
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is yet another posting of Napoleon Apartment Complex. James (ORH) suggest the changes come a little quicker. After listening to the older version I soon realized how right he was, the changes dragged on like a dead body in the snow. So i re-recorded it, shorting the changes and the overall song, yet trying to work with the lyrics he had original written for the piece. I think it shows more cohesion and a bit more energy.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

guitarron

wow-that rocks hard how i like it-great energy man
makes me want to jam along
big kudos indierik

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

This is great - really rocks. Love the guitar sounds. Now, when will the bass and vox be along? It just needs a couple of fellas on here to add those and it's another great track!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

here is earlier versions with vox. http://microrecorders.org/community/post-your-work/oldrottenhead%27s-1000th-post/0/

http://microrecorders.org/community/post-your-work/napoleon-apartment-complex/0/ its been a labour of love for rik. but well worth the trials and tribulations, i need to get familiar with new version cos changes have thrown me, but thats a good thing, i like a bit of unpredictability, maybe we will never finish this one but we will give it our best shot, couldnt resist the title when rik first posted it way back lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

indierik

Thanks allot guys! I really dig this track as well, but man was it labor intensive. Perhaps i'm just not that proficient with the BR yet. This was the third recording I did for this idea. I nearly gave up on it, but what inspired me was ORH's lyrics he wrote for the song awhile ago when it was just a rough sketch. I didn't realize how good they were until I jotted them down.

If anyone wants to add some bass please feel at liberty. I imagine the sound being a bit deeper and richer, I think adding a bass line would do it some justice. 
-Friedrich Nietzsche

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 09, 2009, 04:06:22 PMhere is earlier versions with vox.

That's good - I was new on the site then and missed that. Awaiting an updated version if you and guitarron have the time.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

indierik

That's up to guitarron, or anybody else who wants to write a bass line for this number. I'm anxious to hear the finished product. I'm hoping james (ORH) will find the inspiration, and time, to record the vox again.

cheers..
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

hi rik am snowed under right now with work, kids, snow (bin out sledging all day) my bones are aching, tonights a boys night out so wont be tonight unless i fall in over the doormat and get the mbr out but thats probably not what you are looking for lol. i have been listening to it and am pretty sure what i will do for first couple of minutes but its changes at end that are throwing me, i just need to keep listening to it and im sure the muse will come,  maybe if ron sticks some bass on it might start a spark
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

indierik

Oh, take your time brotha. I understand you're a busy family man, not to mention your Jemima's Kite Project....BTW love the new song; Filthy Animal. That's right up my alley! Bravo!!!

If it's the the up-tempo ending thats giving you a problem perhaps it better left without lyrics. Just an thought, but perhaps you can do something like you did on Pain in the Neck when you said "Lets Go" which is a nice vocal lead into a high energy change. Lyrics might work as well if you fine the muse... "alcohol". hehe...

Gotta go, working on a new piece...
-Friedrich Nietzsche