Idiot's Lament

Started by chunk, December 24, 2012, 08:39:13 AM

chunk

Idiot's Lament
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I tried to write a medieval sounding thing a while ago using some recorder sounding intruments ( it's actually a vocal sample mangled up and reversed )and I decided to go back to it And this is what popped up.

SwanSong

NICE combinations of sounds enjoyed it.
well executed cheers NEIL .!

chunk

Thanks for listening Neil. All the best
Charlie

Hook

Really enjoyed this chunk. Love that bass slide around 3:10 that takes it into the outro (I guess). Also dig the marimba sounds, very cool!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ted

What a gem! From your description and title, I was expecting a goofy half-assed experiment – not a fully-formed instrumental fusing medieval and modern sounds (including a heavily processed voice sample).

I'm reminded of certain meticulously-arranged Peter Gabriel pieces.  I didn't notice the odd time structure at first, and once I noticed it pulled me in like a puzzle to solve. Downloaded.

It's hard to believe this got so little notice in 2012 – the fourth most active year of this site, by my estimation.

Brilliant.

Blackout Bump - week of 22 December, 2012
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

yes,  I can hear the Peter Gabriel vibe here... so good...

I have heard some of Chunks previous work... and he was amazing... in fact a small piece of one of his songs was used in one of those "kaleidescope" or collage songs I did where I mixed bits and pieces of songcrafter artists songs into a song...

this is really good and I am going to download this...to put in my workout folder

RIP sir

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Yes, this is certainly clever and inspired songwriting. I like the way the song uses a simple repetitive motif and keeps on building on top of it.

Peter Gabriel and soundtrack stuff comes to mind.

RIP.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper