Post a picture of your Christmas Tree

Started by 64Guitars, December 23, 2012, 03:11:39 PM

64Guitars

Haylie and Chezedog inspired me to create this topic and poll.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=17194.msg214376#msg214376

So post a picture of your Christmas Tree. You can include yourself in the photo if you like, though that's not required. I'll add names to the poll of any members who post a picture so we can vote on the best-looking tree.

Voting runs till Jan 1.

Update: I've been asked to provide instructions for resizing your photos, so here they are.

Most modern digital cameras take very high resolution photos, which is great except that the file size is quite big. This can really slow down the loading of pages here at Songcrafters, so you should resize your photos before posting. For these Christmas tree photos, I'd suggest a height of 600 pixels. There are many programs available that can resize images. You probably have several on your computer already. For example, most Windows users probably have a copy of Microsoft Paint on their computer. And most digital cameras come with software that includes resizing capabilities. I use GIMP which is an excellent free graphics program.

Because there are so many programs available, I can't provide detailed resizing instructions for each one. Therefore, you should consult the documentation for your graphics program or search for help online. There are plenty of tutorials and YouTube videos on resizing.

Also, there are many simple image resizing utilities on the web which you can find with a Google search:

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=resize+image

It's okay to attach large images as long as they don't display on the initial page load. In other words, you can attach the image but don't display it with the [img][/img] tags as that would slow down the loading of the page. Instead, you should attach a reduced image along with your large image and use the [imglink=][/imglink] tags to display the smaller image and link to the large image. This is what I've done for the first few photos posted in this topic. You'll find detailed instructions about using the [imglink=][/imglink] tags here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=8693.msg116252#msg116252

But remember, the [imglink=][/imglink] tags are only to be used when you're posting two sizes of the same image. If you're posting only one (small) image, then use the standard [img][/img] tags instead.

Finally, if you really can't figure this out, then attach your large image and I'll resize it and edit your post, as I've done with the first few large images that were posted.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

kenny mac

Oh go on then  ;D. Merry Christmas

Tangled Wires

Tangled Wires Jnr looking very unimpressed with her parents efforts..

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Chezedog

Since it's a contest, here's a better pic!

Hilary

I've got a little Christmas tree
It's looking very sparse
If my husband doesn't stop moaning
I'm going to shove it right up his . . .

Merry Christmas everyone  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Flash Harry

Here's the tree currently slowly expiring in the Flash household with Mrs. Flash's arm in the picture.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Speed Demon

Merry Christmas, everybody!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Hilary

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 23, 2012, 03:11:39 PMUpdate: I've been asked to provide instructions for resizing your photos, so here they are.

Thanks 64 - you're a star!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Redler

Here we go...merry Christmas to all!

Kari

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

I was gonna vote for speed demon, but it ain't an option *pout*
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London