THE HUNT

Started by RevHeadRaZ, February 08, 2009, 07:31:22 PM

StevieM

The only thing I can say that hasn't already been said-------------- Bloody hell, that's good!!!  8)
Gone a little bit green here, but that's nothing unusual on this site :(
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Ferryman

Damn fine work, well done. I love the effects at the start, really eerie. The structure works well for me, but a few things sprang into my mind. It's crying out for a solo somwhere, perhaps the section from 2:01 to 2:27 where you have the faster guitar part doubled up. Also, I was expecting a quieter bit when you hit that nice sustained note at 2:27 - you could let that ring and perhaps play a subtler, sparser sound for a few bars. I found it comes back into the riff a bit abruptly after that bit. I would end it with the opening riff rather than a diffferent one, but that's me because it seemed logical (and you may not want to do the logical thing).

Any thoughts for vox? It would be hard but might be cool.

Finally, if you like math rock you ought to listen to the Sleepytime Gorilla Museum if you haven't already. Try Ambugaton for starters, guarantee you'll love it.

Keep em coming, This is really powerful stuff, and incredibly well done.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

indierik

This is amazing bro! I really like the effect in the intro. I used to have an effects unit and it's amazing how a little sound can inspire you.

I do agree with Nigel on a couple points; guitar solo and a down tempo slower point, then build it back up. Who knows, I couldn't do any better.

Amazing work man.

Check out the instrumental band Don Caballero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eea-D_jeMQ
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

RevHeadRaZ

WoW!! Thanks for all the kind words  :P

good feedback ferryman..I think I will put a Cleanish section after the pause and bring back the synth from the start and maybe try an off-time solo.. Sleepytime Gorilla Museum kick butt!  ;D
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

Wiley

You guys are just so amazing.  I realize I haven't had my Br but a little over a week. And the drums are still foreign to me.  I can put a basic pattern on , but you guys are amazing, How you put it all together.
P.J.