Jam with mp3 and record both

Started by JohnF, February 08, 2009, 01:54:55 PM

JohnF

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi to you all

Can any one tell me if you can record a backing track and guitar at the same time

Kody

I'm assuming your talking about the Micro BR... You wouldn't be able to use the MBRs guitar effects but you could do it( run your guitar and mp3 sound through a mixer and then into the RCA Line INs). You could even use external guitar effects. You might as well record the mp3 to a track and then do your guitar part afterwards.  People do that all time around here with SUPERB results.

I have the BR900 and I always record my daughter singing along with her favorite songs(Naked Brothers Band)(MP3s).

I'm sure there's other possible work-arounds- If theres a will, there's a way.  Hope this helps!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

The Reverend 48

As A-NE said The Easist way, and I am just finding my way round, is too use track 1 2 to record the MP3 line in the record your stuff over using the BR Effects.....

JohnF

Thanks for that,yes it is a MBR what a great piece of kit it is. I've only had it a few days so still getting to grips with it

hardlock

What they said.  I like keeping all my tracks separate so get the backing first either imported or recorded to a pair of stereo tracks then add guitar either direct or from the output of external effects.  I have the BR-600 that has different effects than the MBR so sometimes use it just for the effects since it doesn't except MP3s directly and I'm lazy.  ::)

Note that there is a dedicated discussion section here for the MBR.  This is normally for other recorders and gear.  ;)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure