Slow Burn roughmix

Started by guitarron, February 08, 2009, 01:15:07 PM

SE

Hey man loved the track, cool music guitarron. ORH lyrics what can I say is that duntocher road Shettleston or is that the other side of the waater
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman

Just popped over to this side of the Post Your Work fence and found this. Absolutely fantastic! Ron, you have a great track here, beautifully put together. I love the production on this one, and I love that heavily effected guitar solo. A great groove. And ORH's vox work really well - not what I expected at all, but the gabby water did its trick. Very cool indeed.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

Quoteis that duntocher road Shettleston
no its duntocher in clydebank.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I've just been listening to this again.

It's fantastic. So so good.

The groove is set so well and the bass builds on it. real funky little bass line that gets right inside your head, the riffs are hooky and draw you in and you just want to hear what ORH is talking about.

Funky, chunky, magical stuff. I still love it.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

murfthesnurf

reaally good drums maan.

straat

murfi

guitarron

thanks to all for the kind words

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hardlock

Missed this one myself!  Wow, this really hit home. 

I just got turned on to a group called Umphrey's Mcgee - a jam band out of Chicago. 

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/

(see the lower left - watch video)

Real groove oriented music and your song with ORH's vox added fit nicely into this style. 

I'm finding that writing something in this camp turns out to be real hard to master even though at first glance the type seems repetative and simplistic. 

You've done excellent work on this piece.  My hats off to you!   ;D

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

guitarron

Quote from: hardlock on March 19, 2009, 10:32:38 PMI just got turned on to a group called Umphrey's Mcgee - a jam

wow that's pretty cool-reminds me a little the police

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

indierik

Fuck yeah guys! I love it, funky as hell! Ron, the drum arrangement, was it all done on the Br 600? Awesome!!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

guitarron

Quote from: indierik on May 24, 2009, 12:06:21 AMFuck yeah guys! I love it, funky as hell! Ron, the drum arrangement, was it all done on the Br 600? Awesome!!
drums were done with loops primarily-in the now defunct product called Project 5

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand