Dec 21, 2012......what will you do, party, hide in a cave, don't care???

Started by Bluesberry, December 16, 2012, 07:31:49 AM

launched

I'll have to say it's just been another day pretty much. However, a buddy of mine's wife is assistant superindendent of schools of one of the larger cities around here, and due to the shootings and 12/21 it's been an absolute zoo for her. I just hope nothing bad happens in that respect...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

peterp

My guess is the Mayans calculated the calendar for their own time zone!
And they have till the end of the day to make my retirement plan happen, dammit ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

SharksDontSleep

Quote from: Hook on December 17, 2012, 05:24:08 AMLaundry, I do want to look my best for my maker!
Good one Hookster ... As my Mother always said on every important event ... Put on a clean pair of pants in case you're involved in an accident.
I was/still am convinced that depending what the accident was ... I'd probably sh*t myself anyway!! :)

Pete C

Well its passed 11.11 on the 21st and we're still here.  Looks like those Mayans got it all wrong!
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

I think they get all day until the official turn on the Mayan culture begins.
Fraud On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

Oh, the world didn't end ???

Never mind, it's not the end of the world. :)
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 20, 2012, 04:01:21 PMFarrell.......that is a beauty of a guitar.....I think I just found my new dream guitar.......give us a review please (if we are still all here of course)......what kind of pups are those, they look a little P90ish but different..............You lucky dog you......droooooool droooooooool droooolllllllll........

Well just as I thought...it's a normal day and the coffee is brewing......

But Bluesberry my new VOX SDC 33 guitar did arrive! It's a real beauty and plays like butter with it's thin, fast neck. I love it when a guitar is all set up like it's supposed to be. I checked the intonation and it's perfect but if it wasn't there's about a 1/2" throw to dial in the bridge saddle adjustments.....way more than most guitars. The finish on the all mahogany body has a craftsmanship quality look to it. The bound Gold Top is sculpted, the back is relieved, and it must weigh a total of about 5 to 7 pounds. It's the lightest guitar I have...about the weight of a Gibson SG.  All this makes for a very comfortable fit. I needed this years ago when I was playing those 4 hour club gigs with a 12 pound Les Paul hanging on my right shoulder......no wonder I lean to the right, lol!

I haven't had time to run it through the sound check yet but here's a factory description of the pickups and they do look like P90's but they're coaxial:

Neither a single-coil nor humbucker in the traditional sense, the CoAxe design incorporates a central row of pole-pieces encased in a high-impedance coil that's flanked by two blades. The entire construction is then surrounded by a low-impedance winding, which cancels the hum.

Chief designer Eric Kirkland says: "The basic idea is that the coils are coaxial: they're on the same plane, not stacked. The advantage is that the center sensing coil can work like a true single-coil and the outer, noise-cancelling coil is outside the magnetic field, between the central poles and the blades."

Farrell....still here like the rest of you but it's only 7 am so I guess there's still time for the "end of times".
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Chezedog

Actually, we gotta do all the xmas crap we put off all month...

peterp

Dam still here, nothing happened.   :o
Guess it is off to PLAN B.

Start buying whacks of incredibly low probability lottery tickets to fund the retirement..

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"