The Spinal Tap Moment Thread

Started by Blooby, December 15, 2012, 10:29:34 AM

Blooby

I thought it might be fun to share odd or funny stories either from your own experiences on stage or something you witnessed.

Not too big of a story, but I saw Rush back in 1982 or so.  Saw what looked like a cymbal uncoil.  Neil Peart actually put both of his hands to the sides of his head for a brief "holy crap" moment. He recovered after a brief hiccup in the time-keeping department.

Blooby

Lounging McCoy

The only concert related one I can think of was at an Eagles of Death Metal concert and it isn't all that funny so I'll give you this one.

Back in high school I acted in the musicals and plays.  In the second play of my Freshman year I had the lead role in some goofy comedy.  It was set in medieval times and I played some kind of prince or knight or something.  My costume consisted of a white sheet, cut like a coverlet, with a big red cross painted on it, white tights, and a belt.  At one point in the play I was supposed to lift the coverlet over my head to show a birthmark that had been painted on my chest.  When I lifted it the audience absolutely fell apart laughing.  I thought to myself, "This shouldn't be that funny."  I looked down and noticed that I had forgotten to put my gym shorts on.  I was standing up there showing my underwear to several hundred people.  It doesn't seem like that big of a deal now, but at the time I was mortified.  Somehow I managed to fight the urge to run offstage and I can't imagine what shade of red I turned.  I swore I would never act again, but I went on to have a good acting career in high school.

Oldrottenhead

best one  was second time i saw judas priest, it put me off heavy metal ever since. rob halford came onto stage on a harley davidson, all leathered up, was before that look was regarded as camp. and before mr halford came out.

anyways, leathered and studded to the hilt on a harley davidson, he produced a bullwhip and cracked it above the audience. a glasgow audience  no less.

upshot someone in audience grabbed the end of the whip and pulled. harley d and  rh tipped over. my illusion of the importance of heavy metal shattered in an instance. and was further reinforced a few years later when i saw judas priest's promo video for breaking the law.

i was a boy but on that day became a man  ;D ;D ;D ;D

always felt that older folk with a penchant for metal had a want about them.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann