From Multitrack Recorders to DAWs...

Started by alfstone, December 15, 2012, 08:05:24 AM

launched

And my favorite feature I read from the manual:

QuoteYou can also connect two or more BCF2000, or a combination of BCF2000 and
BCR2000. The most convenient way is to use multiple USB ports – if your host system
allows this.

I don't think they make anything reasonably priced with more than 8 channels, so I think it's a nice feature. I wonder if it would actually work well with no glitches, though.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Flash Harry

Quote from: launched on December 19, 2012, 08:53:33 AMAnd my favorite feature I read from the manual:

QuoteYou can also connect two or more BCF2000, or a combination of BCF2000 and
BCR2000. The most convenient way is to use multiple USB ports – if your host system
allows this.

I don't think they make anything reasonably priced with more than 8 channels, so I think it's a nice feature. I wonder if it would actually work well with no glitches, though.

For the time that I managed to spend playing with it, all seemed to be simple and functional. It's really quite clever, a soft mixer board. I'm going to have no opportunity to really get to grips with it until mid January :(

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SdC

Quote from: bruno on December 16, 2012, 04:36:32 AMSo I started on DAWS - and got fed up with Windows downloads, drivers not working, latency, fiddling with ASIO drivers etc. They are great as long as you have a dedicated machine, and its strictly managed - but boy, it was a ball ache. I got to the point where I gave up, and went out and bought the BR-1600. Never looked back. Loosing windows was a step forward - GarageBand on the Mac is very good. But for switch on and play, for capturing the musical moment, for the sound of the amp emulators, and just the overall sound - the Boss wins every time. If you are after the degrees of complexity, and infinite options (well almost) - and you have lots of spare time, then DAWS are for you. Don't me wrong, you can get some fantastic plug-ins, you can also get crap plug ins - and most pro music is DAW based (albeit Mac based) - but for me, for home use - for quick and simple, give me a dedicated unit any day. NB I'm not scared or intimated by technology in any way, I've spent a lifetime designing & developing & supporting Windows and Unix based systems - its just when I want to record, I just don't want to spend two hours before playing a note, coz Mazz has downloaded some dodgy piece of software that introduces a 2 second delay, from strumming the guitar, to the sound coming out of the speaker. Arrrhhhh!

Rant over. My 10c worth ....

B

You took the words right out of my mouth!

recorder
Boss BR-600