Apart from music, what other hobbies does everyone have?

Started by Redler, December 15, 2012, 12:38:23 AM

64Guitars

(Just kidding. I hate golf.)  ;D

I'm hopelessly addicted to the internet (this site especially), so that takes most of my time. But I also enjoy reading (mostly science-fiction), genealogy, computer games (Sauerbraten and Supertuxkart are my current favourites), computer programming, and British TV (Corrie, Shameless, New Tricks, and many more). I also like technology and learning about it; especially music and computer technology.

I like cycling but never find time for it. Plus, there's nowhere to cycle without dodging cars, trucks, and buses, which takes all the fun out of it. We need more biking trails away from traffic.

But really, between music and keeping up with the posts on this site, who has time for anything else?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hilary

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 15, 2012, 10:47:25 AMBritish TV (Corrie, Shameless, New Tricks, and many more).

Hey 64 we've actually got something in common - no not the masturbating  :o - New Tricks!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Flash Harry

Cycling, photography, camping, and at the moment DIY - not so much a hobby as a way of life....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

thetworegs

Breathing....as its become a kind of hobby this week with this cold i've had.......actually lost my voice ...hooray i hear you say....don't get too excited cause its back.........
Video Editing, stop animation  although i haven't actually started anything yet but do lots of reading on the subject ...and have lots of ideas...one day
Writing and actually finish the book by thetworegs that we are rewriting for almost couple of years, hopefully we will get it done or it will be found in a draw somewhere and dumped unread with all the other stuff after our untimely deaths..
Drawing ...painting....generally anything creative

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Boognish

Like I said I work at home so I have lots of free time for hobbies...
I recently built a shed in my back yard to help clear out the garage. It is still a work in progress, as it needs some minor adjustments and some paint to make it look prettier, but it does the job! This was the first thing like this I've ever built and it was a blast, but rather hard work at times. I used pallets for the framing, as I didn't want to spend the $$$ on a wooden store bought shed. I got the idea from just googling different ways of saving money making sheds out of recycled materials. Here she is in all her glory!

Okay to cover.

Tangled Wires

Family and music aside, football is the other main passion in my life and always have been, both in terms of playing and watching (less playing these days unfortunately)

Still play a bit of golf and was a single figure handicap player when I played regularly up until about 10 years ago.

Am into Art too, and in particular pencil drawings of people (even managed to sell some!), although again that seems to have taken a back seat of late

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Art and photography are my main two others.

But I love football (playing, watching and playing it on xBox).

I'm also a published poet and enjoy writing.

The trouble is, work really gets in the way of all these things  :(

Hook

Well about 7 years ago I turned my hobby, music/performing, into my job and I guess I replaced it with recording. Never had much talent with a brush or pencil and hardly ever feel compelled to take a picture. I do enjoy hiking and tent camping with my family, in 1996 I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail and would love to get  into back country camping again but I currently have no gear suitable or any free time. I read alot, mostly fluffy, fun fiction and historical fiction like John Jakes and such. I enjoy NPR and try to follow the world but my memory bites & I forget much of what I learn. Perhaps forgetting will become my future hobby, something to look forward to!!!
Any & all other time is for my family & I get more than most ;D!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

thetworegs

That's a great image of the underground Tim .....the symbolism of the painting im still working on ...great skin on that pear.....,

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

launched

Motorcycles, cars and beer!! What else is there? Well, maybe bird hunting, fly fishing and beer!! Or garage parties, band practice and beer!! ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover