Apart from music, what other hobbies does everyone have?

Started by Redler, December 15, 2012, 12:38:23 AM

Redler

Hello all!

Music is one common thing between us, but is there other hobbies in your life?

I've always been interested in sporty activities. Tennis and cross country skiing are close to my heart.
I don't compete anymore, but I try still stay in good fitness. As a youngster I played ice hockey.

Nature and outdoors life at my cabin is important, too. There's a nice place to practice the photographing skills
by taking pics of nature. In photographing I'm absolute beginner, but when you take 1000 pics, maybe one can be
good :). Sometimes I read books or science magazines, but nowadays music takes more and more time.

Now, it is your turn to continue...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

IanR

Bike riding - the bicycle type - is my other great love.

Gardening and keeping our house in shape is also where i spend a lot of time.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

#gpmproject

Hi Kari

Except my music, I love video editing, traveling learning languages, ice skating, I played ice hockey as well as a young boy, now I'm spending money for my home recording studio equipment (now I bought 6 string bass) it means - fighting with my girlfriend for my musician's rights :-)

but my biggest hobby ever is my girlfriend!

Boognish

Well I'm a 31 year old married dude living in Norman, Oklahoma.
The wife and I go to all the home OU football games, as the stadium and campus are just about 2 miles from our home.
I have my degree from OU in Journalism/Advertising, and did work as a copywriter at an ad agency in OKC before a friend offered me a job in the oil and gas industry. So now I have one of those ridiculously awesome jobs where I can work from home or our office, and I have lots of free time to golf - which I still suck at. I play softball in a beer league, and I also play lots of basketball at the University's rec center. I don't mean to boast, but lets just say I can still keep up with those young pups, which is the main goal as I keep getting older!
I also like to read... recently read The Grapes of Wrath which hit pretty close to home, since I was raised here in Oklahoma. Great book. I also really like Cormac McCarthy's work... The Road was amazing, and I'm currently in the middle of Blood Meridian.
I'm also into video games a little... Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is getting a lot of play here, as well as NCAA football.

So, pretty much I'm about the luckiest guy in the world. I have a beautiful wife, an awesome dog, a great job, great home and great friends, plus lots of free time to stay young at heart.

Okay to cover.

Lounging McCoy

Video games

Gardening-  I really want to grow roses, but I haven't had much success.  I have a couple of flower beds and barrel planters that I enjoy working on.  My favorite non-rose flowers are my Sedums.

Metal detecting-  You never know what treasures you're going to find.  My best find was an old money clip that I found near a spring that was used as a "healing spring" back in the 1800s.  I mostly only find garbage but it's still a blast.

Collecting Confederate States currency-  It's like holding a piece of history in your hands.  

Boognish

Here's a picture from our seats at the Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State football game this year.
It was a great game. The Sooners won in overtime and the crowd went absolutely nuts.
Okay to cover.

peterp

Not music related,

Outdoors:
Summer: Camping, kayaking, hiking, cycling.
Winter: hiking, show shoeing, ice fishing.

Indoors:
Home Theater, xbox.

I'd also say image making (photography) as a hobby, I enjoy it  but that is a more commercial activity.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

T.C. Elliott

My most recent hobby was Tae Kwon Do. But it's been a few years since I was active in it. Other than that it's music related stuff almost exclusively. Writing, reading, listening, playing, preaching... I probably should take a break, eh?
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Blooby

Reading, nature photography, kayaking, camping, fishing, concert-going, and drinking Guinness.  I figure I'd add the latter because I do it more often than the other items except for the reading. I must say, though, that time has seemed tight this past year for the extras.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

Well my other main hobby was jogging until a year ago when I went to see my Doc for some right knee pain and swelling. He said to stop immediately unless I wanted to get a knee replacement sooner than later, which he said is inevitable. So I stopped and haven't replaced my exercising with anything else, like bicycling, which he recommended. I now have to watch what I eat and drink low cal. beer unless I want to blow up like a balloon.

I do have a 1955 Chevrolet that I wrench on also but music is by far my greatest hobby...always has been and always will be.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?