Merged topic: Guns (Connecticut gun tragedy) and "Hate that waiting period?"

Started by peterp, December 12, 2012, 12:12:52 PM

alfstone

The world - the whole world - is full of people with mental problems.

But if, somewhere in the world, these people can easily find, and buy, every kind of weapons they like, as if they were books or CDs, what else could we expect?

Tears and mourn for some days, of course, but hands down the weapons industry. Too much money involved. Pure hypocrisy.

There is something I will never understand about the U.S.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

IanR

This is the best way to store guns.  In Australia in the mid nineties after a mass shooting, the government changed the gun laws and bought back hundreds of thousands of guns and destroyed them.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

#gpmproject

I'm really sad. It's really hard to find right words. I was on my last night shift, when I heard that in radio news. Since that moment, I was like a zombie. Kids! I can't believe that.

Hilary

My heart goes out to all those families who have been affected by this atrocity.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

T.C. Elliott

I'll not get into a debate on gun rights here and now. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families affected by this tragedy.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Boognish

Just another terrible tragedy. I almost cried seeing those terrified kids on television, and I don't even have children. I can't imagine the pain their families are going through.
Not sure about gun laws. I know people like to hunt with rifles and such, but I see absolutely no reason for the general public to be allowed to obtain automatic rifles or semi-automatic hand guns. If you must have a gun, is a simple hunting rifle not enough?
I will never understand the fascination with weapons.
Okay to cover.

Greeny

There shouldn't be much call for automatic weapons outside of the military. I don't understand how banning certain types of guns would be such a bad thing in the USA.

Surely the 'right to bear arms' can be narrowed to legitimate (and properly licensed) hunting weapons?

This world is too full of horror, hatred and greed.

Hook

That video is insane, printable guns ???, let's make printable food or shoes instead. It's getting to be like the old west in some places across the USA, Arizona & Oklahoma people are wandering around with holsters on. I can't imagine much will change without leading into some serious civil conflict but with as polarized as we are here civil conflict might not be that far away. I've never been interested in guns, shooting or hunting myself and never felt that someone responsible shouldn't have the right to own a gun, but automatic weapons seem a bit extreme to me. And what's the big deal about waiting for background checks, I certainly think needing a gun immediately, right now, without delay should raise a red flag on that individual.
I think it has more to do with our overwhelming apatite for violence as entertainment. Young adults today have been so desensitized to violence through movies, games & TV they miss the irony or deeper meaning of the stories and end up emulating the actions. Don't let your little kids steal cars and kill prostitutes in the living room, Lord I miss Dig Dug & Galaxian! It used to be there was a distinction between adult entertainment and family entertainment, now there seems to be less & less and look what we get...a bunch of screwed up teenagers/20somethings that can't separate reality from fantasy.
Another horrible tragedy, my prayers go out to all those who are suffering!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

in 5 minutes and so far in my eyes it is taking the piss out of pro gun ownership. so far i'm reading it as ironic and absolutely hilarious, gonna watch the whole thing, so far it is so anti gun get back when i watch entire show.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann