Merged topic: Guns (Connecticut gun tragedy) and "Hate that waiting period?"

Started by peterp, December 12, 2012, 12:12:52 PM

peterp

Hate that waiting period?
Are you mad now?
Just print your gun (only works once, but hay that's all you need!)

http://defensedistributed.com/

( only in Texas  ;D )

Think I prefer the 3d printed guitars http://www.odd.org.nz/

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

I can't understand why someone would store an AR-15 in a closet or under a bed. Everyone I know has theirs locked in a fireproof gun safe. Plus, they're not exactly cheap.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

i and i imagine most europeans are perplexed by america's relationship with guns. my heart goes out to all the folk in newtown connecticut,

i remember like it was yesterday when we had similar news in scotland, re the dunblane shooting. as a parent it cut deep and it cuts deep again.

deepest sympathies.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

There was a shooting at an elementary school (ages 5-11) in Connecticut (I think) today. Public schools are a 'gun free zone.'  Apparently the mentally ill and criminals don't realize that. Or maybe they do and that's why Universities, places of worship and public schools are selected. Yet another tragedy committed by a sick individual.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

a sick individual with a gun. or maybe he was just in a bad mood. with a gun.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

MrBud

Another horrible shooting in Conn.??? Does anyone know how,or if ever,this happens in other countries ?
 Are Americans/civilians so hated by the shooters ? Is our country filled with such terrible people,that the shooters decide to take them as well...and children also? Just to go out with a bang ? To be remembered ? --no one ever remembers their names regardless- All this horror from seemingly
 "normal kids"
 "The right to bear arms.." should be re examined to say the least-- As police can testify to the fact that the gun owner usually ends up getting shot by his own gun----- .
What would he have done if there were no guns to be had ?
 Did he hate people THAT much ? My prayers go out to the families of these children--i could not imagine that kind of pain--

Up And Adam

Flash Harry

Nutters and guns. Never a happy combination. We have had our own in the UK - hand guns are now illegal in this country, there has been a dreadful incident in Norway recently. Germany had its troubles in the 70's.

I don't understand why anyone needs to own a gun in the western world. There is no need for that sort of self defence.

I hope that this makes the American right wing stop and think.

I feel very sorry for those parents who have lost their children. My children are the only things that I have that are truly irreplaceable.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

i had just become a father when a similar incident happened in dunblane, just a few miles from where i live. the next few days the newspapers here had endless pictures of the young children killed. i am afraid that is what we are gonna be seeing in the front page of every newspaper around the world in the next few days. bloody heartbreaking.

as a result here in the uk we changed our gun laws. i am sure the inevitable front page pictures of the victims will have a similar effect on the general public in the usa. also seeing your president tonight, i have never before seen a politician speak with such integrity and dignity. dump the guns guys its not the 18th century anymore.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann