Recording Guitar through guitar in and one vocal through one of the line inputs.

Started by mglenn, February 07, 2009, 08:34:11 PM

Recording Guitar through the guitar input and one vocal track through the line inputs, is it possible?
At the same time that is.
I would be delighted if I could use the guitar input for track1 and a vocal track through the line input.
I have found that a quality gaming headset with a good mic would allow you to use the headphones as a monitor, the boom mic on the headset as a mic and the guitar input to allow a very comfortable way of playing guitar and improvising song lyrics.
Is there a way to do this?
I am new to the BR but this seems like it would be an asset to many singer songwriters.
Thank you all, and I am grateful for these forums.

guitarron

unfortunately both those inputs won't work simultaneously
you can use the line input for a mixer or you can use the guitar in and the built in mic simultaneously

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Thank you for your response! 8)
I know that I can use two mics through the line in to accomplish this task but micing the amp wont give the guitar/mic signal isolation that using one line in input would.

The idea was to use a minimal amount of cables and adapters .

I guess using an external guitar effect board / pedal into one side of the line in and a mic connected to the other side of the line inputs will allow discrete recordings without bleed between the tracks.

Thanks again!