Black Sabbathish song

Started by godinqc, February 07, 2009, 08:10:58 PM

godinqc

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Here's a Black Sabbath style song, I took the backtrack and the idea from a Jamie Humpries' book. I was practicing with drop D stuff and decided to record it.
I'm still struggling a bit with the Balance.. I recorded this song one night and decided to redo parts of it using the Punch in and out feature (what a great feature for beginners like me ) another night, but I had played with my guitar volume knob for other songs. I found that the punch in/out parts where not at the same volume level..
Also does it make a big difference what effect is used when Mastering ? If so which one would be recommended ?
Anyways this track can use some redoing in a couple/lots of places but any feedback is welcome
Thanks
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

tafka

sounds to me like a compolation of some their early sruff (ish)
great !!!
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Guitar-Maniac

great stuff man
lol, the solo part.... reminds me of 'paranoid'
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

The Reverend 48

That is one tight sound...Proper Rock
WELL DONE.... 8)
Regarding mastering..I guess people just use the one that sounds right
I tend to use Live mix as it seems to add depth but more experienced BRer's probably can add more.....

Ferryman

Indeed, very Sabbath. Hope you haven't sliced the tops off your fingers yet.... Good playing, I didn't notice the punch ins that much (but I wasn't listening thru headphones). Great job.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

QuoteRegarding mastering..I guess people just use the one that sounds right
I tend to use Live mix as it seems to add depth but more experienced BRer's probably can add more.....
Yea, I usually end up using Live Mix as well.  I try the others but keep going back to live mix.  Great guitar playing, it sounds perfect for this style of song.  What kind of guitar is that (is it a Les Paul?)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

Sounds to me like it would have fit in nicely on the Masters Of Reality album....
Very nicely done!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

godinqc

Thanks for the feeback .. As for the drums it was a backtrack that I imported. As for the guitar used it's a Godin LG guitar with the MS Drive effect. I really like this guitar the only thing I would change would be to get the Humbucker version vs single coils.
Just wanted to say how great this forum is .. Keep up the good work
Thanks again
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

knniggits

Nice work,you got that early sabbath tone spot on  ;D
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!