Is Paris Burning?

Started by Ferryman, February 07, 2009, 12:14:31 PM

Oldrottenhead

this one deserves a bump its a great song. when are you gonna sing for us again nigel.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

assassin

If music be the food of love, play on !

Good overall sound.tha nks  posting it

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 12, 2009, 04:07:28 AMthis one deserves a bump its a great song. when are you gonna sing for us again nigel.
Thanks for the bump Jim, I'm working on the next "magnum opus" to go with Cassilda's song. But I have gone all AndyR, so it's going to be a big production job and is going to take a while. Work's getting in the way also, I'm starting to catch up on a few posts on a Sunday afternoon while doing some work......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

hooper

Wow.  It appears that I missed this one twice already!  Well worth the bump.  I love those jangly, rickenbakerish guitars... the steady bass and the clear vocals.  Mersey sound, maybe but has that English Invasion sound for sure.
A great pop song, well performed and produced. 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2009, 04:20:59 AM
Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 08, 2009, 11:49:00 AM
Quote from: Greeny on June 08, 2009, 05:43:53 AMI saw Chris Spedding a couple of years ago playing guitar for Bryan Ferry on his Dylanesque tour. Damn he can play.

Ooh, Chris Spedding and Bryan Ferry together. Two heroes for me in one band. I'm very jealous (you may guess where my nickname comes from).

And Guy Pratt was on bass. There was a bit of talent on that stage!!!!

I've seen Bryan Ferry twice. Oh and a third time when I was 13 and met him at a wedding - my first starstruck moment, as I was already into Roxy Music by that point. I still have the autograph I tentatively asked for!

Man o man...  I am glad this was was bumped up--- it is darn tough to keep up!  Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music - yikes!  Got a vinyl right here on my lap "Viva! Roxy Music - the live roxy music album" got in 1977 (i think) - have not heard this in a while!!!  Ferryman, great job!!! to my library it goes!!!!

Ferryman

Diego, Assassin, thanks for the kind words! Roxy are one of my all time faves (hence the nickname...).

Hooper, appreciate your kind words as well. This was my first "serious" attempt at a "big" production job on the MBR so I was still learning. I think the guitars ended up more jangly than I intended, but it actually works quite well. I've learned a lot more since then, thanks in large part to listening to and reading about some of your work! This place just helps us all to grow as musicians and producers.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I was just listening to this one (among others from this site) in the car on the way in to work, damn fine job Nigel, damn fine.  Its a keeper.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Been listening to the vox on this listen.....

It is like Sting meets Peter Gabriel at David Essex's house!
There is soooo Much too them!

Having met you, (and Tim) and heard you speak, It seems strange that this Vox comes from you when you Sing!!

A great Listen!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

64Guitars

CityFest bump

Great song Nigel.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Great bump !

This is a most excellent song, and pops up on my πPod from time to time.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........