Is Paris Burning?

Started by Ferryman, February 07, 2009, 12:14:31 PM

Blooby

How do I miss these great tunes?  Downloaded this one to my "Best of BR" folder.

Well constructed, nice singing, but I think the star of this one is the bass.  Sounded a tad like Andy Fraser during that little solo/climb spot two-thirds of the way through.  Loved it.

Blooby

Ferryman

Thanks Bus and Blooby, appreciate the feedback. Nice to be compared to Andy Fraser, I guess he was an influence because Alright Now was a song everyone played when I was young and it was a great one for bass (played it in several bands). I used to love Sharks as well, I've always liked Chris Spedding as a guitarist and I thought him and Andy Fraser worked well together.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Good to hear this one again. It's a wonderful song, and more timeless than you might imagine. I'm glad the newcomers to this place know what you're all about now - serious musical talent and mixing skills. Nicely bumped!

I saw Chris Spedding a couple of years ago playing guitar for Bryan Ferry on his Dylanesque tour. Damn he can play.

OsCKilO

Goodness............

This is Quality!!!!!!!!!

You vocals are quite sublime!

Love the feel of this track!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on June 08, 2009, 05:43:53 AMI saw Chris Spedding a couple of years ago playing guitar for Bryan Ferry on his Dylanesque tour. Damn he can play.

Ooh, Chris Spedding and Bryan Ferry together. Two heroes for me in one band. I'm very jealous (you may guess where my nickname comes from).

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Wow great job Nigel!!  I'm impressed!!

Your quite a good guitarist and singer as well as a very good bassist!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 08, 2009, 11:49:00 AM
Quote from: Greeny on June 08, 2009, 05:43:53 AMI saw Chris Spedding a couple of years ago playing guitar for Bryan Ferry on his Dylanesque tour. Damn he can play.

Ooh, Chris Spedding and Bryan Ferry together. Two heroes for me in one band. I'm very jealous (you may guess where my nickname comes from).

And Guy Pratt was on bass. There was a bit of talent on that stage!!!!

I've seen Bryan Ferry twice. Oh and a third time when I was 13 and met him at a wedding - my first starstruck moment, as I was already into Roxy Music by that point. I still have the autograph I tentatively asked for!

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2009, 04:20:59 AMI've seen Bryan Ferry twice. Oh and a third time when I was 13 and met him at a wedding - my first starstruck moment, as I was already into Roxy Music by that point. I still have the autograph I tentatively asked for!
Grrrr, I'm jealous. You move in elevated circles. I used to rehearse in the basement of a record shop in Brighton and the owner had shared a flat with Bryan while he was at art school. He had what he claimed was an original piece by Bryan called "Virginia Plain", which was on full view. Always used to see that as we went down the stairs to rehearse. As close as I got to my hero, although I did see them on the "For Your Pleasure" tour when they were at the height of their powers (and with Eno in full feathery regalia).

Anyway I'm rambling now, and shamelessly bumping my post, I'd better do some work...

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 09, 2009, 04:40:29 AM
Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2009, 04:20:59 AMYou move in elevated circles.

I just realised how that must have sounded! It wasn't QUITE like that, lol. I was hired to organise the car park at a very posh wedding. Imagine my surprise when Mr Ferry wound down the tinted window of his BMW and asked where to park! I got the autograph when we were all allowed to raid the drinks and food after the speeches (in our wellies!).

Rockatron

Well, i think Paris is burning after all = because of the excellency of this track my friend!  Great work and super rythym. I love the bass line.  Cheers!
recorder
Boss BR-80

"Play, just play..."