Is Paris Burning?

Started by Ferryman, February 07, 2009, 12:14:31 PM

Oldrottenhead

hi nigel the demon drink made me forget, it's all that pretty in pink champagne i drink..

this reminds me of the stone roses so much. great post nigel. its actually on my piepod but i need to get stuff organised on it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Glad you brought this one to the front again, ORH. Mind blowing stuff, Nigel. In high school I listened to a lot of Fixx, Furs, Yaz, Ultravox, Depeche Mode and the like. As a matter of fact, I just dug some that stuff out the other day - A lot of it good, but some "What the hell was that sh*t!!!" :D

I liked the vox a lot - chorus/delay/some reverb? And for a 1980 tune definitely ahead of it's time.

Catch you later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Facemask93

Well what can you say about that , quite , as you would say , amazing, delivered with faultless vox and an excellent production , it's hat's off to you mate , well done

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Tangled Wires

What a great song Nigel, and fantastic vocals, you have a great voice.

Great playing and production also

Well done!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Great voice Nigel, and this is a really good song with great arrangement and production and playing !!!

Hope you get more time to record your own work!!

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bus Stetson

this really works for me:)) lovely driving bassline - yuuummmi!! big sound - superb lyrics - maaan this is as catchy as they come:)) love the hammond organ that open up toward the end and the bass runs.. my ipod needs this! great work:))
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.

Ferryman

Thanks everyone, and thanks ORH for the bump (keep with that pretty in pink champagne...). I don't post a lot of stuff because it takes me a long time to do anything - combination of lack of time and a really fiddly approach to recording. Bus, you'll guess I like my bass right up front. My fave producer is Steve Lillywhite who did the all the classic albums of the 1980s (like U2's Boy and the early Psychedelic Furs albums) with big bass and clattery drums. I wrote loads of stuff with bands that was all very "serious", this was the only thing that ever came close to being really commercial so it's great to have recorded it after all these years.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone, you're just spurring me on to do more stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteMy fave producer is Steve Lillywhite
and married kirsty maccoll
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Excellent around tune well recorded with great song writing talent whether 1980 or 2009 love it.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bus Stetson

hell yeah steve lillywhite is awesome!! his come along way since ultravox.. it's hard to imagine what goes on in his mind. you have a really good grip on his brainwaves n incorporate it so well into ur music. that jump out feel - catchy and fresh! my fav artists he worked with are talking heads. don't get me wrong i appreciate all music n can take a positive from almost anything. i just have a soft spot for talking heads. where does this highway lead to lol. thanks for sharing ur musical passion with us! u have great taste n it shows in your music. you also got the subliminal messages across - creeps in your happy cells n you wonder why the hell the songs stays in ur head lol.

play on:)))
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.