No more multitrack recorders from Fostex and Korg?

Started by 64Guitars, December 01, 2012, 08:50:59 PM

Blooby

First recorder I ever used was the X-15.  Borrowed it from a friend along with the old Roland Guitar synth that had the 2 foot long handle.  Looked like a damn raygun.  I should dig out those old cassettes for the hoot-value.

Blooby

SteveB

My move from 2-track reel-to-reel into the portable world came via Tascam's Porta 2. I think it cost about £400 in the mid-1980s, though I may be underselling it there; I recall at the time it was a choice between the Juno 106 & the Porta 2, so they must have been a similar price.  :-\
Anyway, I went for the Porta 2 first, and then bought the Juno later after working a lot of overtime.
And both were stolen later by lowlifes who decided that their drugs habit was more pressing than any musical ambition I may have. :(
Still, some fond memories of this little corker...

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Redler

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 02, 2013, 11:29:11 AMMy first multitrack recorder was the Fostex X15 which I've still got. I should record something on it for 70sFest. :)

I have X-15, too!! I bought it in 1985 and it cost 3000 FIM (~ 500 USD). Had to buy the power supply adapter later, because it ran batteries A LOT!! A couple years later I quit recording and making music and started it again in 2008 with Micro BR.

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR