Arab Rock

Started by jackofall, February 07, 2009, 02:06:57 AM

jackofall

Arab Rock
Time:
0:00
Volume:
When I joined the forum and was fumbling about trying to understand how it all worked, I posted this in the wrong place - ie, 'other recorders'. I still think it's one of my best. shame about the electrical noise. I thought I'd give it another chance in the right place this time!

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Bluesberry

There it is, your introduction to this site, man you have played so many different things/styles since this time.  You are right in saying that this is good, it is brilliant.  I liked this the first time I heard it and I like it again now.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

jackofall

new arab rock
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's an example of not only how great technology is but also how great the people are on this forum. Ronnie put it through some equipment that has cut out the electrical hum that spoilt it. It's made it so much better. Thanks so much!

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Ferryman

Agree with Bluesberry - this is really good. Your range of styles is very impressive, from flamenco to classical to this. Everything I do is stuck in the 1980s! Now that you know more about the BR, why not redo it? I bet you could make it even better.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

i like the dark flavor to it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

I love this (along with everything else you've done!). It got so into my head that I sat up on Saturday night thinking about the arab / turkish scales you use and trying to do something similar on my guitar. Apart from the fact I can't play anywhere near as well as you do, it did turn into a song. ORH and Flash Harry are doing their parts on it now. So THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!!!! That's waht I love about this place - you took me somewhere totally different.

jackofall

I really look forward to hearing it.  I have always loved that arabic sound. I've got this terrible itch for an Oud. I'm going to put in a bid on ebay on Friday night for one that looks just great and an absolute bargain. If I win it, I'm going to be 'Ouding' until I come up with something good enough to post on this forum. I'm so excited by this forum - the diversity of music, the talent, the friendly people and the encouragement that we all need. Thanks for your nice comments about my stuff.

lg

I too find its' dark flavor to my taste.
It is a very 'catchy' kinda tune, one that you'll find yourself
kinda humming to without thinking....
anyway, Great Job.
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!