Celebration Day DVD

Started by thetworegs, November 23, 2012, 04:03:28 AM

thetworegs

Just sat watching Celebration Day Zeps new album/DVD ....it's a must see/hear.....absolutely brilliant.....talented mothers ......If your a Zep fan or not  treat yourself and buy it....it's worth the £20 for the front row seat.....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Speed Demon

Thanks for the tip. I've always been a Zep fan.

I'm also a fan of you.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Mach

I will 2nd that. They still had the magic for that one night.
The DVD's sold quick on the first day release. When I arrived at the store 7 were left out of 150 they had put out.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

I just watched Celebration Day last night. The last ever performance of Zeppelin for their tribute to Atlantic
records. I do recommend it. It`s a great sounding concert dvd and give a great performance.

In my opinion, Jason Bonham steals the show.I`m glad they picked him. There could be no other guy. And i loved that he did some backing harmonies on a couple tunes. He also didn`t completely play like his dad. He was himself. At the end when he`s doing some drum rolls, the band looked at him in awe. It was a great moment for them that night and you can tell. Jason was proud and he should have been.

Robert Plant was singing good. At the beginning he was saving his voice, deliberately missing some verses and they were tuned down a whole step which is understandable because he`s not 30 anymore. He did start belting at the end which was really good to hear.

JPJ was the coolcat he always is. He did a flawless performance with his bass and when he hit the keys he was even better. He is such an underrated musician.

Jimmy Page was well sloppy as ever here and there. He played the slide really good that night. The one song they shouldnt have played was the song remains the same in my opinion. Jimmy could not do the leads at all. He was faking his way through the whole song. Although i don`t know if he could have arthritis maybe? But other than that he did do a great job. He sure loved his pitch shifter too.

The only thing i would have like to see is them do an acoustic- mandolin song. I thought they would have for sure. I do recommend it though. Damn i wrote a lot!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

I bought it on the day it came out and then returned it when I found out there was a version with the complete rehearsal on DVD on Amazon.  Just never got around to ordering it yet.

Mostly, I'm glad they pulled it off and then stopped.  They were an important part of my youth and musical development, and I am happy to leave those memories intact.

Blooby

Gnasty

Oh shit...sorry! I didnt see this before i posted mine..awesome though!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity