Tarantos = flamenco

Started by jackofall, February 06, 2009, 10:29:18 AM

jackofall

Tarantos
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is one of my favourite flamenco forms - dark, Arab sounding. It's one of the reasons why I so want an Ud! I have put in a bit of improvisation along with some genuine bits. Like heavy metal, it can get boring after a while, so here's just the dark, dark flavour of it and not too long!

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Bluesberry

That is so very expressive.  Exceptional sounding.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Scorpios

This is definately my favorite you have posted so far, I have an acoustic solo project I record with that uses a lot of the darker middle eastern elements, but my playing abilities are amateur compared to this. Do you use a metronome to record?

I would be interested in collaborating with your playing adding some percussion to it (darbouka, from drums, rattles etc. if you are up for it.

The Ud/Oud is an awesome instrument I would love to get one as well, first planning on getting a Baglama Saz, I am still getting used to playing fretless instruments before I will try to play the Oud.

jackofall

Scorpios,Yes please! Eastern sounding percussion, arabic colours. I'm up for it! Can you add it to what I've already done?
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

The Reverend 48

Thanks...this is my fav Flamenco piece..it really evokes the Basque feelin all it needs is a hot woman and a Good bottle of Rioja :)

jackofall

Oh yes! Seeing a young, hot spanish woman in one of those dresses, her feet stomping on the floor....It's too much! 

Scorpios

Quote from: jackofall on February 06, 2009, 03:18:28 PMScorpios,Yes please! Eastern sounding percussion, arabic colours. I'm up for it! Can you add it to what I've already done?

Cool, looking forward to tying it out... I will try to add to what you already have and see how that goes

rythmking24

this is great! it has a dark, metally flavour to it. kind of like slayer gone acoustic, only with much more melody (i am not a massive fan of slayer). your technique, from what i hear, is brilliant. i would like to hear much more of this stuff. i look forward to hearing your collaboration with scorpios too.

guitarron

nice tone-what setup are you using-BR mic?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand