Get The Lifeboat In The Water - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, October 19, 2012, 12:06:39 PM

SE

Top inventive stuff, great rhythm to it and nice slide too, this should be on the radio, magic!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hook

Well done brother, great tune and extremely slick, top shelf production. I also think this could do quite well in the current musical climate. It has that bluesy nostalgic feel with a great upbeat bounce, clever, catchy lyrics...very accessible.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

launched

Quite the hypnotic riff you have going there! This could definitely get airplay, as John said.

I dig it!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Pine

Back for another listen... man this is REALLY good... to bad all the radio sations here in the states are all owned by a couple mega corporations and are only allowed to play songs that are by muscians (mostly singers these days) signed to record labels that they also own...

be proud of this one Andy...you put the bar WAAY up high with this tune!!

(insert clapping icon here)

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Hi Andy, have listened to this a couple of times and it really is a stella piece of work. It doesn't get better than this............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Lounging McCoy

Tangled Wires

Brilliant song, this caught my attention from the outset and love the way it bounces along and loving that slide too.

Every time I hear one of your songs I think that you can't possibly top it with the next one, but time and time again you do!

As for the production....wow!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Simply brilliant.
Love the energy of the vocals and the lyrics are
so creative.
The music and arrangement... Right on point.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

AndyR

Thanks folks :)

It started out as just a little "joke song" on a single resonator and kind of grew. Some of the bits haven't come out quite like I wanted, but I'm really pleased with it now I've got a bit of distance from it. (Imagine having to listen to it 30 odd times a day for a few weeks while I was sorting it out - it gets a bit wearing with that much attention! :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1