Rolling Stones Tickets , would you pay £400+

Started by Facemask93, October 17, 2012, 01:27:15 PM

bruno

Okay the wierdest gig ever. Around 2002/2003 - a friend phones me and says do you want to see Richie Kotzen. Hell yeah, one of the top players in the world. Where is it - Whitstable. Okay. We get there - its a working mans club - the stage is a carpet in the corner. Can't have been more that 100 people there. Pat Taupey is on drums (Mr Big - a stadium band at the time). Richie is warming up by the toilet doors - have to walk around him to go for a pee. Richie was sponsored by Cornford at the time (based in Whitstable) - and this was a gig for the employee's. How my mate got these tickets - I've no idea. But for me, it was like seeing the Stones down the pub. It was a completely surreal situation - and to his credit, Richie played a blinder.

I saw someone had filmed it recently and posted it on you tube. I was there :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBH_qmDDQvA

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Facemask93

Finally got those Stones tickets , this time its Hyde Park in July & and they only cost £99 each , luckily my daughter had today off & got in pretty quick , so she yet again becomes miss special twice in one week ( she got her pass that she hoped for in her honours degree in electrical engineering ) as you can imagine I'm one proud dad

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

kenny mac

Heyyyyyy nice one facemask,a big congrats to her,well done.

bruno

Two gigs this year -

"We the Kings" - £15 a ticket, up and coming Floridian band, great live in a small venue in Portsmouth

"Steve Lukather" - £25 a ticket, world class musicians, brilliant gig, O2 Islington.

Both gigs you can see the whites of the eyes without queueing, great sounds, great atmosphere - loved them.

Rush in the O2 Millennium Dome, £60 a ticket - rubbish sound, never going back there again. Band played well, but the sound is shocking, waste of time and money - and I love Rush.

Arena's really don't float my boat! Glad you enjoyed you got your tix FM :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Speed Demon

I only paid 10 dollars to see the second coming of Christ. It was a rerun.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.