Rolling Stones Tickets , would you pay £400+

Started by Facemask93, October 17, 2012, 01:27:15 PM

Rata-tat-tat

You can't put a price tag on quality time with your daughter Rob... but damn...that's a lot of cabbage to pay!!! I'm sure they still put on a hell of a show even if Jagger has to use a walker to get out on stage!!! LOL... Decisions, Decisions...
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Gritter

If you got the cash Rob...Stones can still rock. I've seen them twice in the 90's when tickets were about $60 or $70. I'd love to see them again but also need to feed my family.

...seeing this band on Monday night. Paid $15 CDN for a ticket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_xWVYRHhg

Facemask93

Thanks for all the diverse comments guys , but I'm afraid after all that has been said , three days of trying to buy any ticket at any price , they are totally sold out , so , maybe it would have been foolish to spend £400+, or , maybe not , now i'll never know , would have been gas though

Rob

Sandy , that band are gonna be good man , if that vid is anything to go by

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Speed Demon

This is showing my age.

I saw Jimi Hendrix perform at the Filmore West in the summer of 1969.

Admission price was 75 cents at the door.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Oldrottenhead

was that with senior citizen discount gene.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Speed Demon on October 19, 2012, 05:44:22 AMThis is showing my age.

I saw Jimi Hendrix perform at the Filmore West in the summer of 1969.

Admission price was 75 cents at the door.

Ha ha Gene! That's in my neck of the haze.....we were probably standing next to one another and never knew it. lol!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Geir

Sorry you didn't get any tickets Robert. Tho' not being a big Stones fan (I really looked hard to find a song to cover for the stonesfest, but all the good ones were taken) I saw them in Oslo some 10-15 years ago and I must say it was a pleasant surprise. They are a really great live band!

I also have a lot of regrets of concerts I've missed. Most notably : Queen and Frank Zappa, both opportunities I had, but let go because I were too conscientious.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

phantasm777

geir, i saw zappa in 75 on mothers day. for 2 yrs he made sure to come to chicago for mothers day gigs.
no i wouldn;t pay the price tickets go for now. some of those prices, shit, you can by new gear! i was a stoned fan up until thier sticky fingers - exile on main street era. haven't liked anything since.

bruno

Best gig I ever saw was Extreme playing at the Hammy Odeon for the waiting for the punchline tour - now that was a gig!

Saw Sabbath playing with Ronnie - that was LOUD and totally brilliant, my ear were ringing for a week

Saw Diamond Head play a small venue at Uni - Canterbury - bloody magic

5th row seeing Whitesnake - when they were a real band (Moodie, Marsden, Lord, Paice, coverdale - what a line up)

Toto - last year and total brilliant band

Oh - and saw Budgie as a teenager - great concert. Burke Shelly took of his shirt and threw it into the audience. It was the only concert trophy that I'd ever got. I brought it home, but my mum wouldn't let in the house (the smell of sweat -  ;D ;D ;D) - so it sat in a bucket in the garden, till it was thrown. I was gutted!

Brought Mazz to see some bands, and We The Kings were support - brilliant band.

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

I've spent a fortune in the past on concerts and most are memorable in one form or other........ i mean of course Zep at Knebworth .....  the new barbarians on the same bill and Chas & Dave getting 70 odd thousand people screaming bollocks at 10 in the morning....Pink Floyd with the floating pigs......oh what trippy days they were......the Rolling stones at wembley right at the front even go a nod from old Bill... Santana at wembley  on  a different date when the head liner Bob dylan was to fucked to give a good show but Wow!!what a sunset.......simon & Garfunkel at the park.....u2 on the Zooropa just wonderful....Kiss in all there glory another Wow!!.....Old Tom Jones with his leather clad groupies ...The man who got the whole crowd crazy by the second song  Delilah .....not many have managed that what charisma ...i've seen Ac/Dc numerous times...Angus's energy is astounding ....good old Rodney kicking his footballs in the early 80's and sliding on his arse in Germany after some rain in the 90's...Bruce for 4 hours What value for money you tell he loved what he was doing ....you reminded me also Diamond head.... i saw them at a Caroline roadshow.... what ever happened to them did they ever get there...I've got a 12inch vynal i wonder if its worth anything maybe i can by a ticket...Whitesnake at the Hammy odeon although i didnt see you there Bruno....also a bus trip to Dusseldorf what a laugh..anyway i spent a fortune  but i did get some great memories for it and i mean whats left at the end if it isn't the stories and memories to be told in  in the old peoples home ......so i say if you can afford it ....go for it....im waiting for Tom Waits and im pretty sure i'll be paying a fortune to the robbing promoters to see him but hey what a story it will be................

If Life is a dream then use your imagination