Rolling Stones Tickets , would you pay £400+

Started by Facemask93, October 17, 2012, 01:27:15 PM

Pine

it's highly likely that this will be their last tour...at least with this lineup. (i know...that's been said before!)

That being said, i think that is an outrageous sum to spend  to see ANY band unless money is not a issue.

I 've been thinking that the band is pretty well washed up anyway...not too impressed with what i have seen and heard in a long time...until now that is. This is the band's first new tune in 7 years. I loved it...and i loved the video as well...creative and ideal for us old hearing impaired folks! I found this really inspiring. Is there anybody in the band under 70? If there is, it ain't by much. Hope i can write/record a track like this when i get there 8 years from now!

Pine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFGWVKXxm0
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Pine

recorder
Boss BR-1200

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Pinedog on October 18, 2012, 07:51:40 AMI found this really inspiring. Is there anybody in the band under 70? If there is, it ain't by much. Hope i can write/record a track like this when i get there 8 years from now!

Pine

I'm with you here Pine! I heard this on the radio a couple of days ago without knowing who it was....but after a few bars I knew exactly who it was. This is the sound I like from the Stones.....raw, rocking, and live sounding! How have you been buddy? Got any new songs lined up for the winter?

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Speed Demon

Blooby, there is a cheaper seat at the rear of men's rest room. Only $100.00 US.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Facemask93

Blooby no , cheapest seats are £106 GBP , but they were all gone , & they were in the Gods , believe me , in the o2 arena that is high , i saw Kasabian early this year & was in the Gods , man , they look tiny on stage , don't really want to watch the Stones on a screen for that price , might as well stay at home

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

launched

Yes Rob, it's all about quality time with your daughter, if you have the dust do it if you can! I agree that the tickets are waaaay too expensive but it's not all to consider here.

If you get them, have a good time!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Speed Demon

I'd rather pay $50.00 to come see you guys and gals, than make ticket agencies and managers rich while the performers get the short end of the financial stick.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

peterp

10$ to 20$ is all I'd give. About the same as I would pay for a disk of music.
And with a disk at home you don't have to sit in a room full of loud annoying dimwits.

That said I did shell out a whopping 50$ to go see the Buddy Guy and B.B.King concerts when they came here and 35$ to go see "The Machine" a Pink Floyd cover band.
I might go as high as that again  if Gilmour ever comes to town :)

Time Machine? Mine is currently broken, but I think Zappa and the Mothers would be nice to go see!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

bruno

One of the best things I ever saw with my daughter Mazz was to go and see David Blaine in his box at tower bridge. Most people didn't get the magnificence of the act of endurance, but I was fascinated and so was she. It didn;t cost anything other than a the train fare to London and a couple of quid for apples at a local market stall. But we often speak of it, because it was extra-ordinary. You can't buy a memory like that - so if it is a David Blaine experience, then its worth the money, else not. May not be music, but what a showman.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600