Rolling Stones Tickets , would you pay £400+

Started by Facemask93, October 17, 2012, 01:27:15 PM

Oldrottenhead

if you had a time machine what gig would you go to?
tom waits at edinburgh playhouse would be top of my list.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

No way I would pay that,just saw Ian hunter in Glasgow for £20 and it rocked of the scale,go see a tribute stones and buy a guitar with the change:)

64Guitars

Quote from: kenny mac on October 17, 2012, 05:53:44 PMgo see a tribute stones and buy a guitar with the change:)

Yeah. I was just thinking of what cool new toys I could buy at the music store with £800 (about $1,291 US at today's exchange rate). Not sure what I'd buy but I'm sure I'd get a lot more enjoyment out of those music toys than I would from seeing the Stones.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 17, 2012, 05:50:13 PMif you had a time machine what gig would you go to?
tom waits at edinburgh playhouse would be top of my list.

Band of Gypsys at Fillmore East, Dec 31, 1969 / Jan 1, 1970

Either that or Woodstock. Especially for Hendrix, but also Mountain and several others.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Vanncad

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 17, 2012, 01:39:30 PMI wouldn't pay more than £20 to see anybody. Needless to say, I haven't been to a concert in 25 years.

Geez 64 - I almost fell off my chair reading that line!!
hahahahahahahahaha! I'm with you buddy. Everyone is trying to make up for on-line pirating these days.

Reminds me when I took my 8 year old daughter and a friend to a "Hillary Duff" concert.
I think we paid around $400 for four tickets, drove 6 hours there and back in a freaking ice storm, and the concert lasted about 45 minutes (and it was all lip-synced to boot!). By the time we paid for glow sticks, shirts, "autographed" pictures, gas , food, parking, etc. it was probably a $700 night. Still, I would do it all over again just to re-live that moment with my daughter.

Rob - If you got the extra cash and you and your daughter are into the Stones, do it. Life is too short and you can't take it with you.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

kenny mac

If i had a time machine i would go back to when the stones were 20 quid a ticket   ;D

Blooby

I saw Todd Rundgren last night with Ethel (string quartet) for $12.  Pretty great.  There's still wonderful affordable music out there..I wouldn't do £400.  Even if I regretted not going, I could easily rationalize not spending that kind of coin.

AndyR

Nope, I'm with 64 and various others.

I wouldn't pay that much to see anyone.

I laughed at my missus when she paid £100 to see U2. Then she paid half as much again to see them a few years later...

Thing is though, if the seats sell out at those prices, then the market supports it. A thing's worth what someone will pay for it - just not to me...

(Not sure I'd even bother for £20 :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Blooby on October 18, 2012, 05:02:14 AMI saw Todd Rundgren last night with Ethel (string quartet) for $12.  Pretty great.  There's still wonderful affordable music out there..I wouldn't do £400.  Even if I regretted not going, I could easily rationalize not spending that kind of coin.

yah bugger i am so jealous. i saw todd with utopia on the ra tour for £3.50. ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Lounging McCoy

If it won't cause you a financial hardship I'd say go for it.

My favorite band is Lynyrd Skynyrd.  I got the chance to see them back in '91 when they still had most of their living original members playing.  I can't remember how much I paid for tickets.  It was nowhere near these Stones tickets prices, but it was a lot of money for a broke college student.  Most of them are gone now, and we'll never have the chance to see them again.  I still get a thrill thinking about the concert.  I knew a guy, who knew a guy, that got us front row tickets.  I sure would have hated to have missed out on these memories.

My time machine concert would be Skynyrd at the Fox Theater in Atlanta when they recorded One More From the Road.