Rolling Stones Tickets , would you pay £400+

Started by Facemask93, October 17, 2012, 01:27:15 PM

Facemask93

I tried to buy tickets today for the o2 Rolling Stones gigs , firstly with preferred customer American Exspress , all gone , then o2 preferred customer , now i have to wait for them to go on sale to general public , i am tempted to pay the £400+ each for myself and my daughter to go if i can get them , what would you guys do

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

64Guitars

I wouldn't pay more than £20 to see anybody. Needless to say, I haven't been to a concert in 25 years.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

£400? No way, I'm with 64 on this. I wouldn't pay more than £20-30 for anybody. I tried getting tickets for Tom Waits a few years ago now, they were £100. I fully understand that gigging is how musicians earn money these days but these prices are getting out of hand. I'm fully resigned to the fact that I'll probably never go to a gig again. Jesus, I could feed my family for a month or more with £400...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

a mind when tom waits was playing edinburgh and tickets where the princely sum of £20, twenty squid! i thought.  he can play in ma front room for that. i didn't buy a ticket. i will regret it till the day i die. the movie big time made up for it a wee bit.
for £400 i'd want the stones to play in my front room. but thirty years from now, what would i think.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much to see the second coming of Christ and the end of the world.

I'll catch it on CNN news the next day.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

bruno

The O2 sounds sucks. Saw Rush there - the sound was pants - the show was great, but the sound was horrible. Saw Toto a few weeks later in the Hammy Odeon, totally different - brilliant sound and 1/2 the price. Best sound was a converted church in Bournemouth, brought Mazz to see Eliott Minor - the sound was the best I've ever heard, and that is a tiny venue.

So, nope I wouldn't.

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SharksDontSleep

Always loved The Stones ... But not £400's worth of love.

I really like small venues. My son & I often go to Norwich.
We saw Shonen Knife on Monday 15th at The Waterfront Studio. There was only around 100 people, but was a great night. 3 bands all for £12.
We're going to Norwich Arts Centre to see Delphic next week ... Slightly more expensive ... £13.50

Small venues often means small price, but big entertainment!

Hilary

If you can afford it Rob and you really want to go, I say go for it - you're a long time dead.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Speed Demon

Take the family down to the nearest large river so they can watch the submarine races.
Cheaper, plenty of semi-fresh air, junk seats to sit on, all the comforts of home.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Geir

Stones ... no ..... Beatles on the other hand ...... ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........