Gary Numan and John Foxx

Started by 64Guitars, October 16, 2012, 03:10:32 PM

cuthbert

Count me among the auditory learners, Haylie - at least when it comes to music. At least when I started, anyway. I am learning a bit more, but what I hear and what I like still rule any musical output that comes from me. If I didn't love or at least like a song or a piece of music, I would find it difficult to learn it, or from it.

But enough of my caveats, already!  :D Music is the thing. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

I've been thinking about what you said about the chords - when they list the chord variations for the guitar, isn't that it, the same notes just in a different order? Another way to make it a bit different is to play chords for a harmony and not the melody but you probably know that already!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

cuthbert

Quote from: Hilary on December 07, 2012, 02:45:45 PM...when they list the chord variations for the guitar, isn't that it, the same notes just in a different order?

Yep, that's it! :)

Quote from: Hilary on December 07, 2012, 02:45:45 PMAnother way to make it a bit different is to play chords for a harmony and not the melody but you probably know that already!

Yes indeed. That's not something I think I've consciously done yet, but I am still learning.   :D

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

I think the main thing to music is that there are no rules, just do what's right for you. Gary Numan is the perfect example - if he'd listened to the so called experts at the time he never would have written the songs that he did.

(I did get the chord charts out and have a look to check - I don't know the different positions on the guitar!)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça